Sinn-Last Of The Real Tool Watches?
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Sinn-Last Of The Real Tool Watches?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

In my observation, I’m coming to the conclusion that Sinn may offer the last of the true, quality mechanical tool watches on the market. I see an high emphasis on tech and design, decent workhorse movements, quality, value, a respectful and dedicated focus of models for professionals, good customer support and a honest earned heritage.
    While other brands wallow in their direction, Sinn appears to stay true to its core concepts.

Do you agree or disagree and why?
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Agreed!

I’ve been a fan since ever since I discovered the brand back in 07. Fast forward ten years and I finally went to a Watchbuys Roadshow in November of 17....The rest is history.

Awesome things about Sinn’s:

Design, Legibility, Tegimented Steels, Top Grade movements, Transferable Warranty & Customer Service!

Random thoughts in no particular order

Except for my 836, all of my Sinn’s were bought used but under warranty. It’s awesome that the warranty gets transferred to the new owner. I don’t think any other manufacturer does that?
    Sinn’s (Christa and Volker) & Watchbuys (Rob, Tim and Matt) customer service has been excellent as well.

The double (top & bottom) AR coated sapphire just disappears.

Tegimented steels are amazingly tough. All of my Sinn’s still look brand new

Accurate movements! All of mine are within COSC!

I love the the push to turn bezel, think IWC Aquatimer, on the T series. My U1 Pro has excellent action as well. I’m loving 60 click bezels.

Perfectly fitted silicone straps with the big ass clasp....freaking love it!

I’ll add more as it comes to me

Looking forward to a 857S in the future

Sinner for life

Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spring-Diver; May 22nd, 2019 at 23:25.
    trhall, Scout, Horoticus and 7 others like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Re: Sinn-Last Of The Real Tool Watches?

Agree. For my first ever “nice” watch I got the 103 Ti for exactly the reasons both of you mentioned. Only proper tool watch brand with a huge amount of useful features.

I do like Christopher Ward as well. They do transfer a 5 year warranty from one owner to the next. That said I would not consider them pure tool watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Big Sinn fan, although I DO think some models are priced high in the market. I’d also mention Marathon as a devoted tool watch brand with a quality product in their niche. I love the SAR 36mm. It’s my go-to GADA watch.

Like their designs but disagree they're the last. Damasko immediately comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by platinumEX View Post
    Like their designs but disagree they're the last. Damasko immediately comes to mind.
    Also thought of Damasko. Both brands make great watches. Have and love both!

OP - Damasko definitely worth a look.
    platinumEX and Acidstain like this.

Agreed with the Damasko sentiment and I've owned both. Their most basic version offers more than Sinn's for a similar price. It really comes down to asthetics and if you want to pay essentially the same price for the look you want but with less "tool" tech.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    platinumEX, trhall and TgeekB like this.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

I purchased my first Sinn last July. Definitely a well thought out & built piece. Unfortunately it rarely see’s my wrist & torn on selling it.

I would agree, models aimed at pilots, divers, doctors, firefighters, police and military units....very definitely a range aimed at working professionals.

With a healthy dose of Bauhaus design influence (form follows function) a very definite R & D ethic oriented to developing technologies and features that enhance the performance of these pieces and their respective purposes.

Viva la Sinn!

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  397.0 KB
    Last edited by longstride; May 23rd, 2019 at 06:18.
    Scout, Horoticus, trhall and 5 others like this.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

100% agreed.
    After 7 years on WUS..........and trying out many many tool watches, my conclusion is that Sinn-U series are THE BEST tool watches..........other brands-example: Damasko- may offer hardened cases/submarine steel etc but they don't offer gas-filled capsules for humidity control OR EDR seals (which prevents molecular level ingress of gases into the case).
    Over-engineered to the hilt.

BRAVO!!

Name:  aa4.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  1.85 MBName:  TX2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  692.6 KB
    Last edited by umarrajs; May 23rd, 2019 at 05:56.
    " Two mighty torches of flame like the wings of a yellow bird of fire flew over a field, covered a field with a brilliant yellow bloomings of flame, and in the midst of it, white as a ghost, white as the white of Melville's Moby Dick, white as the shrine of the Madonna in half the churches of the world, this slim angelic mysterious ship of stages rose without sound out of its incarnantion of flame and began to ascend slowly into the sky, slow as Melville's Leviathan might swim, slowly as we might swim upward in a dream looking for the air............."

Norman Mailer describing the lift-off of Apollo 11.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information