Which SINN is next for me? Suggestions Appreciated.
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Which SINN is next for me? Suggestions Appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which SINN is next for me? Suggestions Appreciated.

To date I have committed to 5 SINNs'....

They are:

the 103 ST SA A Chronograph (the Arabic numeral variant in black face)

the 104 A (again the Arabic numeral version in black face)

the 356 Flieger Chronograph in solid back with acrylic crystal matte in black face (am aware of the sapphire variant with the clear case back, that is an option
    but I would not want two 356's)

the 956 Ralley Chronograph in black face (love the state of reserve gauge on this one)

and lastly

the 3005 Hunter Chronograph with moon phase and remarkable complexities

As you can see, other than the 104 all are Chronograph tool watches.
    So given that group of watches, what model SINN should I be aware of.
    I was thinking of another chronograph as I do enjoy them.
    I also really like the countdown bezel where the 5 is to the left of the 12 o'clock marker.

Suggestions please... but no large dress models ... not my style.

thanks in advance, Art
    Radharc likes this.

duc

Re: Which SINN is next for me? Suggestions Appreciated.

Put all those babies together in one place for a group shot. It might help me think outside the box (which is usually where I stay).
    Mr Auto likes this.

I'm trying very hard not to be envious of your Hunter. Staying with the chronograph theme, how about a Sinn EZM 10 Tegimented Titanium TESTAF DIAPAL? Currently sold out, but that's a grail for me.

Of course, there are various U-series to tide one over until the EZM10 is back in stock. The U1000 is a chrono, about to be discontinued.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Duc: Yes I will take a photo.... great idea...

Zen: Well yes, I was always thinking about the EZM 3F and the EZM 13 Diver's Chrono I feel the EZM 10 is fantastic and has the countdown bezel as well, however the darn thing is 45mm in diameter without the crown. A bit too large for me
    even though I have a 7 1/4" wrist.

And in looking at the SINN Archive, one model has piqued my interest... it appears to be, for all accounts, a variant of the SINN 103, called the 303M Autobahn Chronograph.
    It appears to have a split Tachymeter bezel (not sure if it is fixed or if it can rotate, I imagine it does NOT rotate) which show both high and low speed MPH/KPH on two indices.
    In that regard, it is somewhat like the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch or the Certina DS-2 Flyback in function. But the SINN has the day and date complexities.

Hmmm. The 303M is the model railway chronograph. The split bezel is for measuring the speed of model railways.
    To me the comparism with a speedy or a DS-2 flyback sounds funny. If it comes to full size cars: the SINN 917 GR or the SINN956 - The Rallye Chronographs.

SINN explains it:
    Model railway enthusiasts who put together prototypical trains and design and build contemporary scenes with meticulous attention to detail also want to run their trains at speeds appropriate to the originals.
    Accordingly, the chronograph's tachymeter is calibrated to a model railway scale. Thus the speed of a fast model ICE can be measured just as accurately as that of a historic steam locomotive.

Quote Originally Posted by UOhrli View Post
    Hmmm. The 303M is the model railway chronograph. The split bezel is for measuring the speed of model railways.
    To me the comparism with a speedy or a DS-2 flyback sounds funny. If it comes to full size cars: the SINN 917 GR or the SINN956 - The Rallye Chronographs.

SINN explains it:
    Model railway enthusiasts who put together prototypical trains and design and build contemporary scenes with meticulous attention to detail also want to run their trains at speeds appropriate to the originals.
    Accordingly, the chronograph's tachymeter is calibrated to a model railway scale. Thus the speed of a fast model ICE can be measured just as accurately as that of a historic steam locomotive.

That is just too cool! Talk about specialized...

No suggestions for you, but wanted to say your collection sounds awesome -- great mix of Sinn classics with some off-the-beaten-track selections as well.

Pics would be awesome, particularly of the 956 and 3005.

Well UOhrli you have REALLY opened my eyes! I did not read the fine print regarding the 303M... here I thought it was a sports car ralley Tachy.... go figure.
    I do have a 956 black face in the collection already. I am not a railroad fan but that 303M sounds even more intriguing to me now that you mention it. Thanks.
    What a "TOOT"!

Quote Originally Posted by UOhrli View Post

SINN explains it:

Have you thought about one of the Frankfurt Financial District watches? The 6012 looks particularly appealing
    Name:  3116E05A-4720-48FF-A65A-AAFB6D65E99C.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  272.1 KB

Yes indeed but it replicates my 3005 Hunter in most features and is a subset in others... but thanks keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribonian View Post
    Have you thought about one of the Frankfurt Financial District watches? The 6012 looks particularly appealing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information