Sinn Rubber Hackjob

Thread: Sinn Rubber Hackjob

Sinn Rubber Hackjob

So I pushed it with the rubber, thought for sure i could take one more off, nope. Was going to sell it but decided I wanted to wear the thing after only having it a couple days.

So I hacked it again, it is definitely not the prettiest job, but it fits perfect and feel pretty damn secure. I'll have another one coming soon and will probably just keep this one around in case I want to make it unbranded. I will say the cut rubber is way more of a lint magnet.

Crazy how much changing 5mm made for my wrist.

Re: Sinn Rubber Hackjob

If it fits and you are pleased with the feel, then you are good to go! Cheers, Bill P.

law

Ouch. They say measure twice cut once, but they really should emphatically warn people on those silicon bracelets.

If it makes you feel any better (it probably won't) I nearly did the same thing. Laid out the silicon strap to the same shape as the Ti bracelet and cut. It turns out that something about the thickness or stiffness of the rubber seems to make it feel slightly tighter. Over time, the rubber will become slightly more oval-shaped and it will wear better/looser.

Hopefully, you will enjoy the deployant aspect of the silicon. The tegimented claps is really unbelievable! It's so close in color texture to the titanium case that the most obvious way the two are different is from the weight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know I've read more than one post where it was said that WatchBuys recommends the smaller, compact buckle instead over the full size buckle because it was more comfortable, especially on smaller wrists. I wonder if these photos are a perfect example of why they recommend that smaller buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisara View Post
    I know I've read more than one post where it was said that WatchBuys recommends the smaller, compact buckle instead over the full size buckle because it was more comfortable, especially on smaller wrists. I wonder if these photos are a perfect example of why they recommend that smaller buckle.

Yeah, I would hope not. It seems for me the strap needs six holes available for a good fit. I would assume that my wrist size of 7 1/4" tight and 7 1/2" just right has to be somewhat average. The buckle was not the problem at all, it was the way the rubber fit after I took off the last hole. One thing I have noticed on the sales forums is that the majority of rubber straps available have 5 holes or less.

Thread Information