Sinn Service Interval Question

Thread: Sinn Service Interval Question

Sinn Service Interval Question

I recently purchased a used Sinn 757 Diapal. I havent had a Automatic watch in over 30 years and at that point never kept a watch long enough to require service. I have traced my 757's origins back and I am at least the 6th owner of this watch and Sinn told me the watch was sold in 2008 by its serial number. So my watch is now at least 5 years old which is what they show as there warranty time period for this model.

The watch works perfectly and keeps great time. The copper sulfate drying capsule color is lite blue in color so I know thats doing fine. I know to do it right when I need service I will need to send it back to Sinn in Germany for service because of the gas that needs to be put back in to the watch.

I figure I will wait till the watch isnt keeping good time any more before I send it in. Then I will have it serviced and also get a spa treatment to make it look like new again. Is this the correct thought process or do some of you have them serviced at specific time intervals before something starts to go wrong?

I want to make sure that I dont ruin anything by waiting too long between servicing etc.

Any input from the experts is appreciated. ;)

TIA, Jim

Re: Sinn Service Interval Question

I think you're on the right track. If the watch is running well and keeping good time then I'd hold off on service. My 857UTC went back to Sinn recently after being worn almost daily for 5 years because it was not keeping good time. Otherwise I would have held off on servicing it.

Power reserve and accuracy can be good signals of a watch needing to be serviced.
    It seems that yours works perfectly, keep an eye on it, you will know when it need to be taken care of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The service interval isn't only there for the movement. The seals also need to be replaced to insure water resistance. If you're going to be swimming or diving with the watch, I'd suggest at least getting it pressure tested to make sure it is still maintaining the requisite water resistance.

Thread Information