Sinn Service in the US

Thread: Sinn Service in the US

Sinn Service in the US

Does anyone have contact information for the Sinn service center in the US.
    Thanks Matt

Stoll seems to be out, RGM is in...

Re: Sinn Service in the US

I wonder if Stoll and Co. will still work on Sinn's? I know they are no longer the authorized service center but unless it was warranty work would it matter?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Stoll seems to be out, RGM is in...

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo
    do they replace capsule as well? or any US service does that?

Re: Stoll seems to be out, RGM is in...

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    do they replace capsule as well? or any US service does that?
    Nope, not yet. Sinn also has said they want to have a Ar machine in the States but I am starting to wonder.

Moderator Emeritus

The Ar machine that Sinn uses in Frankfurt is a one-off thing. Sinn had it made especially for R&Ring the argon gas on their watches.

A watchbuys representative did tell me that Sinn had planned to build another one for the N.American service and repair facility and train the staff in how to use it.

The watchbuys representative also told me that the contract for service and repairs comes up for tender from time to time. I do wonder if Sinn would remove, re-install and retrain new staff.

I would think that Sinn is now realizing the largely untapped North American market and if they read threads from places like the International Sinn forum where members have reservations about buying watches which contain the argon and copper sulphate stay dry tech because they are very nervous about sending their watches overseas for service and repairs, they might be thinking hard on getting another argon machine made and installed for this purpose in North America. Their sales would definitely improve if members knew that they didn't have to send their watches to Germany for service.

It would be in their best interest to be proactive on this front.

Are you reading this Sinn? This issue is very important to the North Americans who are contemplating purchasing watches which have the stay-dry tech. I believe the costs incurred would be quickly recovered due to increased sales.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    The Ar machine that Sinn uses in Frankfurt is a one-off thing. Sinn had it made especially for R&Ring the argon gas on their watches.

A watchbuys representative did tell me that Sinn had planned to build another one for the N.American service and repair facility and train the staff in how to use it.

The watchbuys representative also told me that the contract for service and repairs comes up for tender from time to time. I do wonder if Sinn would remove, re-install and retrain new staff.

I would think that Sinn is now realizing the largely untapped North American market and if they read threads from places like the International Sinn forum where members have reservations about buying watches which contain the argon and copper sulphate stay dry tech because they are very nervous about sending their watches overseas for service and repairs, they might be thinking hard on getting another argon machine made and installed for this purpose in North America. Their sales would definitely improve if members knew that they didn't have to send their watches to Germany for service.

It would be in their best interest to be proactive on this front.

Are you reading this Sinn? This issue is very important to the North Americans who are contemplating purchasing watches which have the stay-dry tech. I believe the costs incurred would be quickly recovered due to increased sales.

Tim
    Amen.

Thread Information