SINN shutdown from today 18th March- for visitors only - no further restrictions
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By UOhrli

Thread: SINN shutdown from today 18th March- for visitors only - no further restrictions

SINN shutdown from today 18th March- for visitors only - no further restrictions

Due to the current situation SINN shops and customer service points had to be closed for visitors, no further restrictions.

Announcement from the SINN-Homepage:

Due to the current guidelines set out by the Federal and State Government in light of the coronavirus epidemic in Germany, our shops and customer service points will be closed to the public from 18 March 2020 until further notice.
    Our headquarters, Wilhelm-Fay-Strasse 21, and the branch in Frankfurt’s Römerberg square are both affected.

You can, of course, contact us by phone, post or email as usual for all enquiries or questions regarding our timepieces.
    You can also continue to reach us and our online shop via www.sinn.de or on social media.
    All orders placed will continue to be processed without restriction.
    We look forward to hearing from you – online or on the phone!

Stay well and keep healthy!
    simonp67 and bazza. like this.

Re: SINN shutdown from today 18th March- for visitors only - no further restrictions

I guess we were expecting this. Good to hear orders are continuing to be processed. Hopefully the factories won’t be shut down like the Swiss ones have already...
    ♛ Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN
    ♛ Rolex Explorer II 16570

Seller feedback

Re: SINN shutdown from today 18th March- for visitors only - no further restrictions

Thanks for letting us know.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zetaplus93 View Post
    I guess we were expecting this. Good to hear orders are continuing to be processed. Hopefully the factories won’t be shut down like the Swiss ones have already...
    They really should...

Watches are nice objects, but non-vital. These factory workers, watchmakers, admin people are putting their lives at risk. I'd prefer the Sinn factory to be closed.

And guess what, I've got a watch over there, waiting to be shipped back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    They really should...

Watches are nice objects, but non-vital. These factory workers, watchmakers, admin people are putting their lives at risk. I'd prefer the Sinn factory to be closed.

And guess what, I've got a watch over there, waiting to be shipped back to me.
    Yes and No:

Yes, watches are not essential.

But thats only the buyers side of the medal. For SINN (and all other business) job/money/food are essential: So, closing the complete factory : that depends.
    If it is possible to have/create a safe enviroment for all (or a part of the workers) it is surely the best way do deal with the unusual situation to have no complete shutdown.
    Examples: A watchmaker working at home repairing watches .... why not? A service-employee at home via phone/mail....no risk at all. A worker packing watches for shipment....maybe possible.

So do what can be done and minimize all other things to the absolut necessary limits.
    Whereas Deli is perfectly right : watches for most of us are "only" a hobby....

I know its hard to wait for a watch (3 of my watches are for service/repair in Frankfurt but they are many years old and another year will not do them any harm ).
    Good things come to those who wait....

Quote Originally Posted by UOhrli View Post
    Examples: A watchmaker working at home repairing watches .... why not?
    Not so easy, unless this watchmaker has ALL the needed spare parts, machines, bench, tools, and the required space.

And depending on their daily overall workflow, how many watchmakers would then be needed, since each of them would fully overhaul +/- 3 watches a day max (including wadi, polishing operations, Ar filling) ?

Impossible task here imho.

A service-employee at home via phone/mail....no risk at all. A worker packing watches for shipment....maybe possible.
    Totally agree.

...many watchmakers here do work at home already. My watchmaker does, not for SINN but for another big player.
    He does not need all the equipment, he needs the most common parts. He is specialized on 7750 OH and has all parts avaible.
    After the OH is finished he sends the watch back and other steps of the workflow can be done -if necessary- by other companies/employees.
    Times that one person does OH and and professional case-work (polishing, laser etc) have long passed. Modern times....

What I like to stress out: there is not only black and white, open or close!

Thread Information