Sinn sighting in the wild...

Thread: Sinn sighting in the wild...

Sinn sighting in the wild...

Hi,

Just back aboard my temporary home, the anchor handling/offshore supply vessel M/V Bourbon Borgstein, docked at Pointe-Noire, Republic of Congo.

Went ashore for lunch, and -lo and behold- in the middle of the shoddier parts of town, what do I meet but a fellow Sinner. The U1 on his wrist really stood out, I could spot it from the opposite side of the street.

My French is pathetic, and he didn't speak any English at all - but still, when he spotted the 656 on my wrist, he was all smiles. We took a few moments to try on each other's watches before parting company.

Wow, the U1 (on rubber) was a lot more impressive than I had figured from pictures posted on the web alone.

I'm still leaning towards the U2, but what can I say - his U1 really blew me away, and it wasn't just because of the unexpected location.

Also, our agent tells me that I am booked through Frankfurt Int'l on my way back in a couple of weeks' time - I think I'll try to arrange for a layover so that I can drop by Sinn the following morning. Would be nice to see the mother lode... :)
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Re: Sinn sighting in the wild...

Cool story Odd, thanks for sharing. Be careful when you lay-over in Frankfurt as Sinn is not open on Saturdays unless it is the first Saturday of each month.

Great story! I have yet to personally see any Sinn, whether in the wild or in person. Hehe. I live in Rolex-land (Texas), the preferred choice of cowboys and oil executives alike. If I saw somebody with a Sinn out here, we'd become best friends.
    "I threw away all my platinum cards, and I got a URANIUM card." -- Busta Rhymes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SMSgt Bo View Post
    Be careful when you lay-over in Frankfurt as Sinn is not open on Saturdays unless it is the first Saturday of each month.
    -Thank you for the advice; much appreciated. My (veeeeery preliminary, but still) travel itinerary puts me in Frankfurt on a Wednesday, so a visit should be doable.
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Thread Information