Sinn silicone strap with tegimented clasp

Thread: Sinn silicone strap with tegimented clasp

Sinn silicone strap with tegimented clasp

I have an isofrane strap - love it, was about 100 usd.

i am about to buy a sinn 857 utc testaf from sinn directly (no auth dealer in my country). I can get an additional silicone strap with clasp for about 225 usd after I remove vat.

is this good value? Is it the clasp that costs so much? I wonder given the price difference to isofrane.

thanks.

Re: Sinn silicone strap with tegimented clasp

Quote Originally Posted by bracque View Post
    I have an isofrane strap - love it, was about 100 usd.

i am about to buy a sinn 857 utc testaf from sinn directly (no auth dealer in my country). I can get an additional silicone strap with clasp for about 225 usd after I remove vat.

is this good value? Is it the clasp that costs so much? I wonder given the price difference to isofrane.

thanks.
    I have the 857 UTC Testaf on bracelet. I have worn it every day since the day I got it 6 months ago. The bracelet has held up exceedingly well with just minor burnishing on a couple of links that rub against my desk. The clasp has some very minor, barely perceptible burnishing as well. Not one mark on the case.

I know that not everyone likes bracelets, but go for it if you’re debating it. I'd have a hard time paying $225 for a silicone strap.

I’m a fan of Natos/Zulus.Sadly, those are hard to thread into an 857 case. I was able to get a thin Nato through, but I didn't like the way it was stretching out the spring bar.

The watch is great. Whatever route you decide to go with the bracelet or strap, enjoy and wear in good health!
    Last edited by SeikoHound; February 17th, 2015 at 17:09.
    Casio G-Shock GA1100SC-3A / Casio G-Shock GA2000-3A / Casio G-Shock GW9400-1 / Casio G-Shock GWG1000-1A3 / Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1 / Citizen BJ9030-51E / Halios Laguna (black) / Halios Seaforth the Stacey / Lumi-Nox 3001 / Maratac Pilot Mid / Marathon MSAR 316/500 / Seiko 6309-7049 / Seiko 6309-729A / Seiko SNX427 / Seiko SBDA003 / Sinn 857 UTC TESTAF / Swatch Black Hero Chrono / Waltham Pocket Watch

Moderator German Watches Forum

I don't know the costs of the parts. Probably most of it is the clasp.
    The price for that is $320 in the US. Your cost is a relatively good value.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the Sinn silicon strap with small clasp for my UX. I wore it for couple days then switch it our for leather. For what's worth, I have Isofrane on another watch, in my opinion the Isofrane is more comfortable than the Sinn silicon with clasp.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

thanks everyone.

i was always going to get the bracelet, i was just wondering if i should get an extra strap as well. sinn charge only 30 euros extra when getting the watch and bracelet to add a leather band. i was debating that but the selection with buckles doesn't grab me, and the ones with a clasp go from 22mm at the lug to 18mm at the clasp - too much reduction for me. so i looked at the silicone, but 225 for a second strap seems excessive, especially since i already have a 2 watches on rubber.

I think you will be happy with your new 857 UTC on a bracelet. I agree, $225 for the rubber strap is a bit high; however, as rationaltime said, a lot of that is the cost of the clasp which is a quality piece. Cheers, Bill P.

All makes sense. I am also looking at a damasko da 46 or 47, which with current rates and no vat is about 1200 usd direct from them. So 225 is a good start against that. Oh well, win win...

Thread Information