Sinn springbar fit

Thread: Sinn springbar fit

Sinn springbar fit

Just swapped out my sinn rubber strap on my U2 for a 3rd party thick leather strap

Never noticed this while it was on stock rubber, but now I can wiggle the strap and spring bar on the 6 0'clock side, appears that the spring bar is actually a little loose in the lug hole. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Re: Sinn springbar fit

I would swap spring bars top to bottom and see if you have the same looseness in that hole. That will tell you if its just the spring bar or the actual hole. If you own a micrometer you can also mic the pins to see if there all ther same size. If its still loose then there's probably not much more you can do. Spring bars are cheap relatively speaking. May not be a bad idea to buy new ones for some peace of mind. You may also be able to find ones that have a bigger diameter pin so the hole isnt as loose. I only have 1 Sinn a 757 and it sports a metal bracelet. There is no movement in my bracelet to watch spring bar area. If it was on a leather band there may be but I dont have one.

Tried swapping the top spring bars to the bottom and it is still loose. Not noticeable when using the stock sinn rubber strap as the strap grips the case tightly. Sigh...guess the manufacturing tolerances for the lug holes aren't perfect?

What worries me is will the slightly loose springbar wiggle about in the lug hole and damage it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the stock sinn springbars (at least the ones I've seen) are a bit chamfered at the very tip. so this may cause your rattle. I usually swap out the sinn bars as the flanges are not very tall and are difficult for me to grab with the berg tool.

to be safe, i've put it back onto the stock Sinn rubber for now...no rattle or movement at all from the sprinbars now, guess it's because the stock rubber is such a tight fit so it more or less restricts any movement of the springbars.

Any Sinn owners in Singapore know if THG will take this as a legitimate issue and try to resolve it by providing a different set of springbars with hopefully better fit?
    Last edited by balzebub; November 25th, 2013 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    the stock sinn springbars (at least the ones I've seen) are a bit chamfered at the very tip. so this may cause your rattle. I usually swap out the sinn bars as the flanges are not very tall and are difficult for me to grab with the berg tool.
    David, what spring bars did you swap in for a better fit? drop me a PM. Thanks
    Last edited by balzebub; November 26th, 2013 at 07:14.

Thread Information