Sinn Straps? Worth it?

Thread: Sinn Straps? Worth it?

Sinn Straps? Worth it?

Just picked up a 556 on a bracelet and want to pick up a black leather strap as well. Have had good luck with Jurgen's pilot tropic straps in the past (and they're German made)-as expensive as Sinn OEM strap are ($100 for an XL one from watchbuys) are they worth it? Who makes them for Sinn?
    Or am I better off with a Jurgen's strap or a nice Di Modell?
    cheers
    Derek

Re: Sinn Straps? Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Denslen View Post
    Just picked up a 556 on a bracelet and want to pick up a black leather strap as well. Have had good luck with Jurgen's pilot tropic straps in the past (and they're German made)-as expensive as Sinn OEM strap are ($100 for an XL one from watchbuys) are they worth it? Who makes them for Sinn?
    Or am I better off with a Jurgen's strap or a nice Di Modell?
    cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,

Can't say for sure for all the straps that Sinn sells, but at least some are made by Di-Modell. I particularly like this one: http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/dimchron.html

This strap is very comfortable and waterproof, which is an advantage if you live in a hot and humid area. The strap survived even the occasional swim in the pool without any apparent damage. I found that purchasing the strap from Fredawatches was cheaper than Sinn and the strap was the same except for the buckle, which came without the Sinn logo.

As buckles are held in place by the same type of spring bar that attaches the strap to the watch case, buckles can easily be swapped.

Kurt

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

I bought a sinn 556 on leather, the strap seems very tough but after a month I changed it because it was still uncomfortable I couldn't get the watch to sit flat without cutting off circulation on the sides of my wrist, tried a standard one from my local watchmaker and its 100% more comfortable. Thats just my opinion, If the sinn one wears in it will probably be more durable than the standard type though but comfort is more important to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denslen View Post
    Sinn OEM strap are ($100 for an XL one from watchbuys) are they worth it? Who makes them for Sinn?
    I read somewhere that the OEM Sinn strap is a relabelled Hirsch Trapper...
    http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/hirschtrapper.html
    I can't confirm this, but from the pic, they look identical to the one on my Sinn 356.

I bought a sinn 556 on leather, the strap seems very tough but after a month I changed it because it was still uncomfortable I couldn't get the watch to sit flat without cutting off circulation on the sides of my wrist,
    Yeah, it is pretty stiff. The back side also is kind of hard as well. Wish it had softer padding. Otherwise, like you said it is a tough strap and well made.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

there's no reason to spend so much money on the plain Sinn leather bands when you can buy similar quality band for much less.
    Rios and DiModell make some of the straps for Sinn. I think the dressier ones with a more domed profile are made by Rios.

Didn't I just read a thread about Hirsch as the maker for some of Sinn's leather straps?
    DW

Just got a Sinn 103 a few weeks ago, and I'm almost certain the OEM strap is a Hirsch Trapper. I like the Hirsch Montana better and it will cost less than the Sinn strap:

http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/dimmon.html

By the way, Birmingham is great; my brother lived there for years:

"Birmingham, Birmingham, Best darned city in Alabam'
    You can travel cross this entire land,
    There ain't no place like Birmingham
    Last edited by reinman60; May 25th, 2008 at 08:29.

Thread Information