Sinn T1 pics and review needed!
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sinn T1 pics and review needed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hi! Is there anyone here with Sinn T1/T2 either blue or black? I am torn if I should get one. Not really able to travel to Germany to see one in person... I would highly appreciate, if anyone could compare how it wears when compared to some popular divers e.g. Seiko, Omega, etc... Pics would be very useful as well:)
    Last edited by Fokstom; January 12th, 2020 at 13:05.
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:
    SKX007 with steel insert - still regret it :(

Re: Sinn T1 pics and review needed!

There are a few threads on the T1/T2 that will help:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/t2...4493429-2.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/si...s-2421345.html

I've told this story before, but briefly: bought a T2B a few years ago, then flipped it for a Tudor Pelagos. Missed it so much I flipped the Pelagos and re-purchased the T2B and now it will never leave my collection. It's an absolutely fantastic watch, but the aesthetics aren't for everyone, but if you love the pics, chances are you'll love the watch in the flesh.
    Pros:
    - incredibly comfortable and lightweight on the wrist, T2B has short 46mm lugs, great bezel action and cool safety bezel mechanism, Sinn's tech (tegimented bezel, Ar capsule), great lume, unique non-derivative design. Did I mention comfort?
    Cons:
    - bracelet is super comfortable but the clasp is meh. Not bad, just simple an a let down at the price point. That said, I just bought the rubber strap and the clasp is fantastic. Other con is the limited versatility on straps. I don't think the T2B works on leather and my personal feeling is that it works best on bracelet and the Sinn rubber strap (isofrane style is also good) and a dark grey nato. Other than that, not so much.

As far as comparison's go, that's a tough one. It's really its own beast. For example, if I compare to the Pelagos, the Pelagos is heavier and more substantial, has great bezel action and a better bracelet/clasp, but the Pelagos doesn't wear as comfortably. The bezel action is completely different, the materials (ceramic bezel) and dial/aesthetics are completely different, so all that comes down to preference. Both are amazing watches and I'd like to get another Pelagos, but not at the expense of the T2B.

Also keep in mind that the T2B has now been discontinued and there are rumblings that the T2 will be soon. I think same goes for the T1B and T1, but I'm not positive. There are a few of us on here that have owned T series for a while and are pretty vocal proponents.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Thanks, very helpful, didn't know that blue version is no longer available... That might be an issue... I hope it was discontinued because there is something better waiting to be released 😉
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I absolutely love my T1!
    My wrist is 6.75", and while the T1 is a large watch, it's not too large for my wrist.
    Surprisingly, after a month or 2 of wear, the watch has zero scratches.
    I purchased mine on the Ti bracelet. I don't mind the simple clasp that much, but my OCD
    could not stand the mismatch of color between the Grade 5 Ti of the watch head, and Grade 2 Ti of the bracelet.
    It's currently on a Hirsch Robby which looks great. I also have an Erikas coming that I'm sure will be comfy, just not sure about the look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was mulling over T1 or T2 and went with the T1. I have been wearing it now for three days and love the T1 but am still in the honeymoon phase. My wrist is 7.25 in and the lug to lug is approximately 48mm and my PO are 47mm if I recall for the 42mm (8500). The flat top area of my wrist is approximately 58-60mm so I could go with either 41mm or 45mm. The T1 is thin, light, has short lug to lug for a 45mm watch and has a nice flat case back and a curved lug design that fits/hugs the top of the wrist very comfortably.

The bracelet on the PO (with micro adjust) and Pelagos is much better than the T1. The wet suit extension is deployed to easily and the clasp is not in the same league as the Pelagos, Omega or Damasko bracelet. The lume is on par with Omega but the Tudor has it beat in my opinion. The Pelagos Bezel I would rate above the T1 but the T1 is better than the Omega. My DSub and other Damasko's I would rate the bezel action better than my Omega's.

If you need some comparison shots between any Sinn's, Planet Ocean/SMP, Pelagos or Damasko's let me know.

I liked the T1 enough after three days to jump on a deal on a pre-owned T1B. They don't come up to often pre-owned.
    Thanks
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Thanks for this comment. This is exactly what I was looking for. Any picture comparison vs PO 42mm or DA36 or 856 would be more than welcome. Thanks!!!
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:

In April 2016 I bought a Sinn T1. While one or the other hot watch affair came ... and went again ...... the T1 remained.
    It has asserted itself against newer models and has meanwhile become the "sports watch" in my portfolio.
    She even banished my old darling, the UX, into the watch box since 2013.

So how did the T1 work?

Strengthen:
    + sensational readability
    + interesting two-tone Superluminova, very good luminosity
    + Flat pillow design offers good wearing comfort and fits perfect
    + solid bezel construction (turning only by pressing down first) works perfectly
    + good handling of the crown, does not interfere with angling
    + perfectly integrated silicone strap, solid clasp

Straps:
    After an occasional change between titanium u. I got stuck on the silicone strap, the kick is perfect, the clasp is nice and solid.
    I have not been able to determine the earlier tendency to fluff.
    I have no experience with leather or fabric straps, in my opinion, that should not belong to a diving watch.

What else do you need to know?
    The T1, with its silicone strap, is a watch that doesn't like cuffs. With the metal band its ok.
    Although made of titanium, the watch is not too light.
    The anti-reflective coating has survived this one and a half years without a trace.
    Everyone has to try on the size themselves, for small arms the watch is still available as a T2.

Summary:
    Absolute buy recommendation!
    While she remains a splitter for many with her pillow case and arrow pointer, she has conquered my heart permanently! top1

By the way:
    I like the T1 so much that I am magically drawn to the blue T1 every time I visit Sinn. : Whistling:
    I am sure that a blue watch goes very well with blue jeans! ^^
    That this is my first watch that I own 2x ......with black dial ...and the other with blue dial.....:
    UOhrli and Spring-Diver like this.

The first T1:

The second T1:

fire_lantern and Spring-Diver like this.

I made the same mistake and sold my T2 blue....the flipper-devil told me that bigger is better.
    I had to correct the mistake and will get a T2 again this summer. I hope my friend does not change his mind and will sell it to me as promised.
    I do love the T2 even more than the T1, my wrist is about 6,75 and the T2 is the better choice for me.
    Why? After the T2 I got an T1: too big for me and in comparism to the T2 slightly uncomfortable (I hope the watch-gods will not punish me for that).

R.I.P.

Name:  DSC01822_k.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  775.7 KB
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Thanks for tremendous support guys! So I think I would fell in love with T2 blue instantly and its my personal favorite. Nevertheless I am not sure if I will bond with it as I didn't see it in person. I think I will have to wait a bit and find an opportunity to visit Germany. I risked it with my Sinn 856 B-uhr which increases the chance that I will love T2 (matt case, simple and plain dial, etc...) BUT I've been wearing Damasko DA36 for some time so I knew what to expect.... Unfortunately T2 is much more $$$ when compared to 856 so I have to be sure..
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information