Sinn T2 (EZM 15?) or Tudor Pelagos for 40th Birthday

Poll: Which would you choose for a 40th birthday gift: Sinn T2 or Tudor Pelagos?

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sinn T2 (EZM 15?) or Tudor Pelagos for 40th Birthday

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sinn T2 (EZM 15?) or Tudor Pelagos for 40th Birthday

Hello fellow Sinners!

I am a turning forty at the end of this year and would like to purchase a nice watch to commemorate the occasion. I am interested in both the Sinn T2 and the Tudor Pelagos. Searching through the WUS forums I have come across numerous threads about the Pelagos, but I haven't found more than a handful talking about the T2 or the T1. Am I missing something? Is the T2 not very popular for some reason? I am certainly not going to make this substantial of a purchase based on popularity, but rather wanted to be sure I uncover any shortcomings of the T2.

I already own a U1-T and love the watch, but some days the weight leaves my wrist sore.

So, if given the choice of either the Sinn T2 or the Tudor Pelagos which would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may offer!
    Last edited by penncrnp; April 13th, 2015 at 20:42.

Re: Sinn T2 (EZM 15?) or Tudor Pelagos for 40th Birthday

I love my U1 and I have a 142 on the way, but I really like the Pelagos. I also would like to have a titanium watch sometimes. Good luck!

Banned

Get the Pelagos. I am a Sinn owner myself and love the brand, but since you already have a Sinn diver, I say go Swiss this time. I've tried on the Pelagos and was very impressed. Plus it's lighter weight which will be a nice change. Or you could wait a few months for the Tudor North Flag--40mm, new in-house movement and reasonably priced (for the Swiss manufacture caliber world I mean).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This.

Quote Originally Posted by dhtjr View Post
    Get the Pelagos... since you already have a Sinn diver, I say go Swiss this time.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Before I vote, which Pelagos are we talking about? The new one with the in-house movement and which color (blue or black). Or the current model with the ETA.

I have handled the T2 in person twice and was blown away by it. I am in fact considering selling my U1-T for it. The size is great, I loved the bezel action, and the aesthetic impressed me in person. I had many similar thoughts about the Pelagos, but for the money I thought the T2 offered more value. If you go with one of the new models with the in-house COSC movement, I am afraid the edge might go to the Tudor.

Bryan
    Tudor 25600TB :: Grand Seiko 61gs 1969 :: Nomos Club LE :: Rolex Exp 1 (T'Rex) :: Bonafide Seikoholic

"Three rules for a career: 1) Don’t sell anything you wouldn’t buy yourself; 2) Don’t work for anyone you don’t respect and admire; and 3) Work only with people you enjoy." - Charlie Munger

"Diligence is the mother of good luck" - Benjamin Franklin

"Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play" - FDR

“Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.” –Voltaire

As much as I love Sinn (I have a 203 Ti AR myself), I voted Pelagos. I would definitely hold out for the in-house movement - it's a bit of a game-changer for the brand, and though this probably isn't a priority for you, i think this first round of pieces with the in-house movements would carry a bit of weight with collectors of the future.

Also, I feel that it would be more versatile, stylistically, than the T2, plus it would round-out your collection with a little brand diversity.

Damn. Suddenly I know what i'm shopping for for my 40th in a couple years!

Quote Originally Posted by dhtjr View Post
    Get the Pelagos. I am a Sinn owner myself and love the brand, but since you already have a Sinn diver, I say go Swiss this time. I've tried on the Pelagos and was very impressed. Plus it's lighter weight which will be a nice change. Or you could wait a few months for the Tudor North Flag--40mm, new in-house movement and reasonably priced (for the Swiss manufacture caliber world I mean).
    The T2 is made of titanium so it may actually weigh less than the Pelagos.

Other than that, as much as I LOVE Sinn, I would concur that you should go with the Pelagos. Variety is the spice of life!
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by MrTickles View Post
    Before I vote, which Pelagos are we talking about? The new one with the in-house movement and which color (blue or black). Or the current model with the ETA.

I have handled the T2 in person twice and was blown away by it. I am in fact considering selling my U1-T for it. The size is great, I loved the bezel action, and the aesthetic impressed me in person. I had many similar thoughts about the Pelagos, but for the money I thought the T2 offered more value. If you go with one of the new models with the in-house COSC movement, I am afraid the edge might go to the Tudor.

Bryan
    Bryan and others,

Thanks very much for your response to this thread.

At this point I am considering either version of the Pelagos. I would like a new watch and prefer it in black. That being said, I still am enamored by the Sinn T2. There is something about all the technology packed into a classic size that is very appealing. Also, I believe the Sinn is at least $1000 cheaper than the Pelagos.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I really appreciate hearing from others that have handled or own these watches.

Best Regards!

Matt

I voted Tudor for the variety. I say this as I own a U1 SDR and UX-T, my only diving watches, so take my suggestion for a grain of salt. I at least in my mind justify U1 SDR and UX-T as different color bezels and quartz vs auto.

I don't think you could go wrong with either watch, but for me the Pelages would be the one to pick. I like the mix of classic and modern aesthetics and the prospect of an in-house movement puts it ahead of the Sinn. That being said, the new North Flag looks amazing as well. Best of luck and happy early 40th to you!
    penncrnp likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information