Sinn Titanium vs. Sinn Sub Steel vs. Damasko Steel

Thread: Sinn Titanium vs. Sinn Sub Steel vs. Damasko Steel

Sinn Titanium vs. Sinn Sub Steel vs. Damasko Steel

After all the great comparison pictures yesterday from Tim I thought I would give it a try.

The three watches pictured are the Sinn 103 Ti UTC, Sinn U1 and the Damasko DA36.

I love the color and light weight of the Titanium on the 103 but it's ability to be scratched makes is a real disappointment. I have loved the Sinn Sub Steel since I bought my U1. It has seen a ton of wear but still looks brand new. The sub steel has a darker than normal steel look and tends to have a pearlescent color to it. The Damasko steel in my opinion is the best of both worlds. It is darker than the sub steel and the ice hardened steel is stronger than the sub steel. I have been very impressed with the Damasko to say the least.

Re: Sinn Titanium vs. Sinn Sub Steel vs. Damasko Steel

I didn't like the Titanium of the 103 Ti Ar UTC. Too dark and the Ti case marked up very easily.

Nice photos. A UX would look great in that comparison.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

my thoughts on Damasko

i admire the engineering behind the Damasko line, you can't help but be impressed by it when you read thru their literature. unfortunately, i can't say that i feel the same about the design aesthetics regarding their dials.

the da36 is the least 'busiest' of their dial faces and it would be nearly ideal for what i'm shopping for (pilot's type watch, black face, while hands) except for the date indicator and the crosshairs. all that on the dial plus the damasko name & logo is just too much lettering on the dial!

it's a real pity because i'm begging to pull the trigger on a damasko buy.

i really wish they would revise the dial on the da36...it would be an almost perfect appoximation of what a tough, no-nonsense, tool watch could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron
    I didn't like the Titanium of the 103 Ti Ar UTC. Too dark and the Ti case marked up very easily.

Nice photos. A UX would look great in that comparison.
    I like the looks of the U1 the best. Mine still looks like the day I opened the box for the first time. Great technology.

The Damasko dark gray is an absolutely stunning color, and befits a toolwatch extremely well.

Having said that, my titanium Sinn 8826 had almost the same color, and I appreciate titanium's lightness quite much.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Very nice....I dig the 103 ti AR UTC. The scratch/mark factor is a concern yet the watch is very 'hot' and functional. Having said that, the Damasko is a tempting buy. Though I would prefer the larger DC 67, the Damasko presence is striking and technically sound. Thanks for the pix and comparisions!!!

Great comparison pics. All 3 look great, but I really like the Damasko.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Re: my thoughts on Damasko

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen
    The da36 is the least 'busiest' of their dial faces and it would be nearly ideal for what i'm shopping for (pilot's type watch, black face, while hands) except for the date indicator and the crosshairs. all that on the dial plus the damasko name & logo is just too much lettering on the dial!

it's a real pity because i'm begging to pull the trigger on a damasko buy.

i really wish they would revise the dial on the da36...it would be an almost perfect appoximation of what a tough, no-nonsense, tool watch could be.
    For me I love the crosshairs, day/date indicator and the yellow second hand. I think it really gives the watch character. Very much in the same way the Sinn's U1 pushes the envelope. The ability to change between German and English days of the week is AWESOME!.

To me the da36 is the ultimate modern version of the classic pilot's type watch. I think if you take away those unique features it just becomes another Quad 10, Speedbird, Ollech & Wajs MP, Stowa Airman or Glycine Combat. (I am sure I am missing a few others) But we digress.

My U2 is a month old, worn every day and not a mark on it

Alan

Re: my thoughts on Damasko

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel
    For me I love the crosshairs, day/date indicator and the yellow second hand. I think it really gives the watch character. Very much in the same way the Sinn's U1 pushes the envelope. The ability to change between German and English days of the week is AWESOME!.

To me the da36 is the ultimate modern version of the classic pilot's type watch. I think if you take away those unique features it just becomes another Quad 10, Speedbird, Ollech & Wajs MP, Stowa Airman or Glycine Combat. (I am sure I am missing a few others) But we digress.

Amen!
    God Forbid it's slightly original!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Thread Information