Sinn U1 Advice
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Sinn U1 Advice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sinn U1 Advice

Hi all,

Really looking seriously at this watch, I understand itís a big watch. My wrist is just over 7 inches so Iím on the fence at the moment on whether it will wear too big?

Wondering if I go for it whether fully tegimented is worth the extra? I understand the bezel is tegimented on all of them?

I canít try one in person as Iím hundreds of miles from the nearest AD. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Oh and some pictures are always great to see

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sinn U1 Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Hi all,

Really looking seriously at this watch, I understand it’s a big watch. My wrist is just over 7 inches so I’m on the fence at the moment on whether it will wear too big?

Wondering if I go for it whether fully tegimented is worth the extra? I understand the bezel is tegimented on all of them?

I can’t try one in person as I’m hundreds of miles from the nearest AD. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Oh and some pictures are always great to see

Thanks all.

My wrist is just under 7inch, but i use the strap around 7 inch size. It doesnt feel too big for me, but i tend to use larger watches.

Ive owned the regular U1, U1 camo, SDR and SE versions.

Ive attached some photos of mine with the Rubbers trap, Steel Bracelet, hirsch strap and some generic straps, so it gives you an idea on a almost 7 inch wrist.
    My wrist is weird, its round and not flat like most poeple, so it might look smaller than yours.

About the Tegimented, all of them have the tegimented bezel. But the case is the extra you pay for (or bracelet if you get that option). I cant see it being worth the extra hundred dollars for just the case treatment. I also treat my watches pretty well and Im pretty careful. I guess if you will use it as a tool watch (not just office diving) you might wnat the extra hardness of the tegimented. I guess if you have the extra money, go for it. I have the bracelet in Tegimented and non Tegimented.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Bruno28; February 23rd, 2020 at 23:29.

I say the tegimented is worth it. I donít have a U1; but a fully tegimented 856 UTC. Still looks new after two years. I will someday own a U1!

Pegasus and gaopa like this.
    Chuck P
    (7.25" wrist size)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You will be fine. Yes, go tegimented, the more the merrier. No, they are not all tegimented so make sure you check closely. There is a saw tooth emblem on the clasp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Pegasus likes this.

I saw a four or five year old U1 that was fully tegimented on a tegimented bracelet and it looked factory new despite having gone on two dozen actual scuba dives by the other in that time period. Really cemented my opinion of their process.

Another vote here for fully tegimented. Tougher, and the color is amazing. Something like titanium, and unexpectedly, that aspect of my U1 gets more comments than the dial.
    Pegasus likes this.

The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

You should have no problem with the wrist size.

As to the tegimented or not, it depends. I have had my non tegimented U1 for about 10 years an it still looks new. My experience is that the clasp is the one that usually picks up the most scratches, so if anything, you might get tegimented one just for that reason. Otherwise if you are planning to wear it on a strap you will be fine with standard U1.
    Regardless of the above, U1 is a very fine tool watch and most are very happy with one.
    Pegasus likes this.
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that donít.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

Iím a huge fan of Sinnís tegimented watches. I prefer the tegimented U1ís darker color and theyíre really scratch resistant too.
    Definitely worth the extra cost IMO.

Pegasus likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinnís: EZM9, EZM14ĖT1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

The colour difference is very minimal in my opinion. Its just slightly darker.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

umarrajs and Bobcat Sig like this.

Thanks for all the great comments, really helpful and friendly forum

Spring-Diver likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information