sinn u1 band??

Thread: sinn u1 band??

sinn u1 band??

hello all.new here today.i have a U1 on the sinn rubber band.i would like to maybe change it sometime,how easy is it to remove the strap from the lug's.any ideas on what tool etc i may need.many thanks for your time.

Re: sinn u1 band??

Hi,
    It's pretty easy actually. If you don't have the strap changing tool, you can use a paperclip. Just be careful to not scratch the lugs.

-Ryan

I've changed those out on many occasions. its fairly easy, and you should really do it yourself as jewelers don't seem to have the patience to do it right and end up scratching them. you can use the tool supplied. just insert it into the lug hole and release the pin. when putting it back on, use your fingernail. install from the back side, get one side in the lug, then use your fingernail to push the other side into the lug. if your putting the rubber back on, push the rubber against the case until you feel the pins click into the lug holes. if you need pics of how to change straps on the sinn, just ask. I'll post up the changing method for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

And also check that the pin has engaged into BOTH holes! Just check with the tool/needle/paperclip into the hole, should go in the same length on both sides.
    Due to the tight fit of the rubber, it will stay in place when only one side of the pin is in the hole.
    And you will drop the watch on the floor and crack a tile!
    Greetings Janne

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    I'll post up the changing method for you.
    If you don't mind posting some instructions... I just spent a goodly amount of time trying to put a new bracelet on my UX but no joy yet. Thanks in advance.

Chelly

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    I've changed those out on many occasions. its fairly easy, and you should really do it yourself as jewelers don't seem to have the patience to do it right and end up scratching them. you can use the tool supplied. just insert it into the lug hole and release the pin. when putting it back on, use your fingernail. install from the back side, get one side in the lug, then use your fingernail to push the other side into the lug. if your putting the rubber back on, push the rubber against the case until you feel the pins click into the lug holes. if you need pics of how to change straps on the sinn, just ask. I'll post up the changing method for you.

thanks all,that is much appreciated.

the ux bracelet? that one is straight forward for the install. sorry your having a problem with it. sometimes any bracelet change can be a nightmare. I sometimes just put the watch down, walk away, then come back later and make another attempt. If I lose my temper, I end up doing damage. mostly to my thumb.lol
    the best way to get that one on is from the back side. put the watch head on a microfiber towel.slide the pin into the endlink. angle the endlink from the backside. when both sides of the spring bar are touching the case,use your thumb and compress one side to get the pin down on one side just enough so it won't move. while you have pressure on that side,use your thumbnail to push the other side of the spring bar until it slides down between the lug horns. then push the endlink down until you hear 2 clicks. that means its in the holes. the endlinks are pretty tight, so they need to be put in straight. try test fitting it a few times without the springbar until you can get it in easy, then try the springbar again.

Many thanks!!! Yes I was glad to finally come to my senses and walk away... Then I saw your offer to post instructions -- what a great coincidence! Your instructions are perfection only I think I was doing it like that but never succeeded in getting the first side down enough to cover the end so the bar wouldn't pop out while I worked on the other side. Will try again (may need to use someting wide and thin to hold the first side in place) and then post results...

Chelly

to hold the spring bar in one side while getting the other side to pop in, take a cheap plastic pen, take the metal point out, then use the plastic end on the spring bar. that won't scratch the case if you slip.

Thread Information