Sinn U1: Bracelet or rubber or.....
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sinn U1: Bracelet or rubber or.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn U1: Bracelet or rubber or.....

I have a new (to me) U1 landing for Xmas on a bracelet. I'm normally prefer rubber (silicone) on my other watches and am a big fan of Isofrane. That said, the U1 looks really good on the bracelet and from what I have read, wears very well.

So my question to U1 owners is, do you prefer to wear it on rubber or the bracelet, or maybe something else (NATO, leather etc)?
    Last edited by Canning Vale; December 9th, 2013 at 18:47.

Re: Sinn U1: Bracelet or rubber or.....

Quote Originally Posted by Canning Vale View Post
    I have a new (to me) U1 landing for Xmas on a bracelet. I'm normally prefer rubber (silicone) on my other watches and am a big fan of Isofrane. That said, the U1 looks really good on the bracelet and from what I have read, wears very well.

So my question to U1 owners is, do you prefer to wear it on rubber or the bracelet, or maybe something else (NATO, leather etc)?
    After months of pondering, I finally committed to a U1 SDR and although it came on a bracelet, it also came with a Rubber & having only ever worn leather or rubber, I was certain that the bracelet would be off in seconds and on eBay in minutes......BUT......personally, I think the SDR just looks so right on the bracelet.

I've already tried the Rubber and a couple of favorite leathers but.....the bracelet wins & is so comfortable on the wrist. Apart from on the beach, it'll be staying on.

Hope you enjoy your U1 as much as I have so far and a word of warning, careful when driving.....I can't stop looking my wrist.....just gorgeous!

The U1 bracelet is well executed and wears very well...best combo IMHO - I preferred it to both the Sinn rubber (which was awesome too) and a nato...congrats!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bracelet, Isofrane, Sinn rubber, nato... everything suit that watch. Take all of them and have fun!

even some leather:
    unsub073 likes this.

Last few weeks i wear it on GGB. Love the strap, super comfortable and great for winter time.

I'm fortunate to have a U1 T and a U1 SDR. I have never had my U1 T off of the bracelet. However for the past year I have been wearing my U1 SDR on the OEM rubber strap with a black pvd deployant clasp. I'm sure that at some point I will put the U1 SDR back on the bracelet, but for now I'm enjoying the look and feel of the OEM rubber. Cheers, Bill P.

powboyz likes this.

I have the UX and I bought it on the silicone strap (I refuse to call it a rubber band <smile>). It is a generic Sinn Strap with a black Sinn buckle. Then, I bought a silicone strap with Sinn embossed on the side and wore it on that for a while. Finally, I bought a Sinn leather strap with Sinn buckle and that is what is on my UX now. The silicone straps are "okay" but I prefer it on the leather strap and would love to see what it feels like on the bracelet. I would stick with the bracelet if I were you.

I've heard good things about the silicone straps but I've never worn one before.

When I got the watch I immediately had issue with the buckle scratching my wrist and being generally uncomfortable. After going through two different buckle it seems like Sinn just produces buckles that have some pretty defined edges.

The Sinn rubber strap wears well on my 7.75 inch wrist. I've known a few guys with small wrists complain that Sinn's large deployment caused some discomfort because of the large size. My 1st choice is the bracelet - very comfortable & well made.

This watch seems made for that bracelet. I would definitely go with that. You might even think of upgrading to the tegimented bracelet...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information