Sinn U1 started running fast out of no where. Is that something covered by Watchbuy's warranty?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mirabello1
  • 1 Post By mcdawisel

Thread: Sinn U1 started running fast out of no where. Is that something covered by Watchbuy's warranty?

Sinn U1 started running fast out of no where. Is that something covered by Watchbuy's warranty?

As the title states, my daily wear U1 Professional started running fast (approx 15 mins per every hour). My 2-year limited warranty from Watchbuys is coming to an end in the next few months and I'm wondering if I can just send it in to RGM and let watchbuys know after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sinn U1 started running fast out of no where. Is that something covered by Watchbuy's warranty?

Best to Contact WatchBuys directly and ask, they are quick to respond.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Re: Sinn U1 started running fast out of no where. Is that something covered by Watchbuy's warranty?

Either magnetized or something is caught in the escapement causing it to short stroke. Try demagging it first.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Call WatchBuys. They’ll tell you exactly what to do.
    I agree that it is possibly magnetized.

Agreed... sounds like it's very possibly magnetized. First thing to do is buy a cheap demagnetizer online somewhere or from an auction site (should be under $20 - get one of the blue plastic ones) and give that a try... if that doesn't work, then it's off to Watchbuys.... Good luck!

Try a quick demag and if it doesn’t sort it out contact WatchBuys and speak to them.

from my experience 15 minutes an hour it would have to be extremely magnetized. I've had many watches magnetized that just ran 1 to 2 minutes a day fast and I fixed it with a de magnetizer.. My guess it's something else than being magnetized especially on a Sinn which has a good degree of anti-magnetism built into the watch..
    michael_m likes this.
    Various Seiko's
    Rolex Sub C
    Grand Seiko USA Limited
    Tudor BB58
    Omega Speedy
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf
    Orient Ray Orange
    Orient Mako USA
    Panerai 104 Ti

I had that issue with a 103. Tapped it lightly against a soft surface (wood) and it went from crazy fast (+20 min/day) to +12s/day. Something was fought in the movement.

Can’t recommend it as a fix, probably not something you should do to a watch, but worked in my case. Found that tip on a Seiko forum somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mirabello1 likes this.

Yeah, that would be pretty extreme for magnetized. I had an IWC with a hung up hairspring that ran like that. Easy quick fix with my local watchmaker.
    Too many flipped...

Thread Information