SINN U1 water damage .
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JackAction
  • 1 Post By mconlonx

Thread: SINN U1 water damage .

SINN U1 water damage .

Hey guys, I recently traded for a sinn U1 unknowing that the watch was riddled with problems. Seller stated watch had been serviced , but after noticing a smudge under side of sapphire . I took watch into my watchmaker and told me to send into RGm, so I did. Response back was that watch had been damaged to water. Metal dust and rust inside , sapphire needs replacement , new bezel spring , and maybe new dial.

My question is : what value can I put on the watch-if any? I really don’t want to send into Germany and pay ~1k or whatever service is gonna be.

Update: in the process to return watch to its rightful owner after he sends mine back. But the question still stands if I never get my old watch back. What do I do with an old U1 that looks and seemingly runs fine, but with the problems above.
    A+U likes this.

Re: SINN U1 water damage .

Return it. The damage will get worse, unless the watch is repaired and serviced. I wonder why it needs a new crystal. Maybe because the anti-reflective coating was damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    Return it. The damage will get worse, unless the watch is repaired and serviced. I wonder why it needs a new crystal. Maybe because the anti-reflective coating was damaged?
    yup. That’s it. And apparently only Germany can fix it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Someone?

If you traded a watch for it and you can't recover the watch or any money you spent on top of the trade, you may just be out of luck and have to suck up the loss.

Get a repair estimate, find out what going rate for a used U1 is, subtract the cost of repair from current value -- what it may be worth for someone who wants to take a chance like that. Otherwise, you could pay for the repair service and then either keep it or flip it. Either way, you take a substantial loss, but that's the chances you take on the second-hand market.
    JackAction likes this.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

Thank you sir. Traded back-hopefully

What I want to know is how a U1 got water damage in the first place? Those things are built like tanks.
    Too many flipped...

Irony right. if I had to guess someone didn’t do the recommended service, or if ever.

Thread Information