Thread: Sinn U1 worth it ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sinn U1 worth it ?

Hong Kong dealer selling for US1850.
    worth or not ?
    Thanks.

Re: Sinn U1 worth it ?

Hi,

I know only the german prices: round about 800 Euro = 970 US Dollar.

Hi getawatch,

1850USD is almost double the European price. I have seen Sinn watches in HK in LSCollection, they have very very high price mark ups. Not worth it at all.

On a different note, if you can find out, can you tell me how much a 303 cost in HK? I have seen one in the LSCollection near Landmark in Central but forgot how much they cost.

Matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

nope - you can get them @ various ad's for almost half the cost.
    Have a Great One,

Michael

stuffler,mike

Yes for the U1
    No for the price asked

watchbuys 1220.00 u.s. shipped in conus. Got mine today.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki
    watchbuys 1220.00 u.s. shipped in conus. Got mine today.
    You also can order it from Europe for much less than what Watchbuys marks them up for.

I feel their monopoly and overpricing should really be addressed more in this forum.

Where can the U1 be ordered from in Europe and shipped to the states for much less than Watchbuys? Any downside regarding service, etc to doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Pureslab
    You also can order it from Europe for much less than what Watchbuys marks them up for.

I feel their monopoly and overpricing should really be addressed more in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbrnr
    Where can the U1 be ordered from in Europe and shipped to the states for much less than Watchbuys? Any downside regarding service, etc to doing so?
    PM me

Moderator Emeritus

Actually, Martin and I have had some serious discussions about the watchbuys thing and we feel that the focus of the forum should be on Sinn watches and the Sinn ownership experience and the historical significance of Sinn and it's offerings, but there seems to be no getting around the watchbuys thing.

Watchbuys is the N. American authorized distributor. We do understand that that in itself is a monopoly and watchbuys has set their prices, independant of what Sinn and the other ADs have. Since watchbuys is independant, answers to these questions could only be answered by watchbuys. In fact, I have addressed this issue before in this thread.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=9316

They have explained how they come up with their prices. I have some concerns and questions with this and I have pushed it a bit with them over these issues and there was no further explanation of this. If someone wants to explore this more, I would think that chatting with watchbuys representatives would get you further than asking about it on the Sinn forum. We do understand that their territory is huge and should be split up but that is a question about Sinn and their distribution network and Sinn should be the recipient of these kinds of questions. This subject has been explored in recent threads here also. I and others can only agree with you on these points and continued discussion here will not bring any further clarity on these issues.

Martin has mentioned in a recent thread on this that Sinn is just coming to terms with their recent rise in popularity and are now going through growing pains. Production problems will have to be addressed and distribution tweaks will need to be performed as the demand for their current line increases. Notifying Sinn directly will probably be the best thing you can do to address the watchbuys territory and pricing monopoly.

It looks like a lot of people are upset about this so it seems to be a justifiable topic for discussion and Martin and I are all for freedom of speech and the free flowing of ideas here on the Sinn forum but we also are fearful that this friendly haven for the discussion of our favourite watches will become a large customer complaint department. It's really a grey area and we have had a hard time getting a compliable and moral thought process on this. We feel though that questions dealing with the Sinn company and it's policies are viable and worthy of discussion but in regards to watchbuys, as it is an independant dealer of German watches (Sinn included) and we are not representatives of that company and this isn't the watchbuys forum, we feel that the watchbuys thing should be explored with them personally. That being said, again, we understand the frustration. I am a Canadian and watchbuys IS the authorized Canadian dist. now and I have to deal with them too!

What I would ask of you guys is that you refrain from going public here with your personal issues regarding shipping and customers service with Sinn and it's dealers and ADs. These issues are between you and the above mentioned and have no place in the forum.

we are totally opposed to censorship here, but I hope it is understandable that some issues shouldn't be explored in this forum. If you feel that there are issues with Sinn and their distribution and you must discuss it, so be it but please lets not have this forum turn into a huge customer complaint department where every second thread is filled with more whining about how we are being screwed by the N. American AD. That is not a pleasant thing for many people to read, considering that many of the people here are not residents of North America.

My suggestion is to consult watchbuys and Sinn with your C/S and distribution concerns. You will probably get further that way. I doubt if any of us here can help you with this other than agree with you. Again, many of these issues have already been covered.

Just a few thoughts on this. I wish I could have explained this better but I am really pressed for time now and have to go.

best regards,
    Tim
    Sinn forum moderator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information