Sinn U1000 SDR
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Sinn U1000 SDR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn U1000 SDR

Just took delivery of my Sinn U1000 SDR today from Watchbuys! I missed my U1 SDR so much that I decided to get an SDR again but upgraded to the U1000. WOW! This thing is a tank! Very well made and looks fantastic on the bracelet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    apnk, logan2z, Hoppyjr and 8 others like this.
    Collection:
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600 / Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
    / Seiko Prospex PADI Turtle Mini 200M SRPC41J1 / CAV-1 Type 2.2 1st Cavalry caseback

Re: Sinn U1000 SDR

That looks like one formidable dive watch! Tegimented submarine steel, inert gas filled cases - isn't teutonic over-engineering grand? Congrats on your new Sinn!
    JohnF likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    That looks like one formidable dive watch! Tegimented submarine steel, inert gas filled cases - isn't teutonic over-engineering grand? Congrats on your new Sinn!
    Thank you!

Collection:
    / Seiko Prospex PADI Turtle Mini 200M SRPC41J1 / CAV-1 Type 2.2 1st Cavalry caseback

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yep....that does the job!!..that piece says..."bring it" all the best Dave

that U1000 is ^%$#%^ amazing. One my all-time favorite diver pieces on the planet.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Sinn U1000 SDR

"Stunning!"

Just when I thought I was happy with my U1 SDR........
    .....just ride

Thanks guys! I love the bezel mechanism where you have to push down in order for the bezel to rotate and the darker tegimented sub steel just looks understated and fantastic.

Collection:

A great looking watch, congrats!

*update*
    I've been wearing the U1000 for 6 days straight now and I wanted to do a brief review.

Pros:
    It's really comfortable on the wrist with the bracelet. I was planning to put it on my Drew Canvas strap all along when I ordered it but I have yet to get myself to do it because it's so comfy as it is with the bracelet. It doesn't seem top heavy even though it's 18mm tall. It's about a couple of seconds slow a day which I'm really happy about. The bezel lock system is pretty nice. You actually have to push down to turn it so it won't rotate unintentionally. I guess this is pretty important if your timing something while your diving (I don't dive). I really like the fact the crown and pushers are on the left so it doesn't dig into your hand if you wear watches on your left wrist. Also, since the pushers are on the left, you use your right thumb to press them down which seems more natural to me.

Cons: (I had to find something to nick pick about!)
    I love the domed sapphire but it gets too distorted when viewing from an angle. It doesn't seem that it's double domed (which I think fixes the distortion). At this price point, it shouldn't have that distortion. My Omegas (and my sold Bremont MBII) have all been crystal clear when viewed from an angle. Also, I'm not too hot about the exterior AR coating (I may get it removed in the future).

Overall, I'm very impressed! It's a fantastic timepiece! It's definitely not meant to be your only watch. I wouldn't wear it to any formal functions. I think that's what makes it so cool. It's like my diesel 3 series BMW, it's not flashy but it performs really well. Gotta love those Germans! From the cool aesthetics to the over-engineering, this is one watch I won't be flipping anytime soon!

Collection:

Congratulations. I have a U1000S but would gladly take back the SDR I foolishly sold a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information