Sinn U1000S Mini-Review

Thread: Sinn U1000S Mini-Review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Sinn U1000S Mini-Review

OK I have had this baby for a few weeks now and I guess I am ready to tell you guys about my impressions of it. First I will give you my measurements on it.
    Case diameter - 43mm
    Case+crown - 48mm
    Bezel dia. - 44mm
    Crystal / Dial dia. - 35mm
    Thickness of case - 18mm
    Strap Lug width - 22mm
    Length across Lugs - 51mm
    Crown dia. - 8+mm
    Pusher WxL - 5mm x 10mm

Now for some pictures.
    The box and direction booklet along with the strap changing tool. The lugs have drilled holes making the changing of straps easy.

It came on the Sinn rubber strap with a beadblast finish buckle but they are finishing up the tegimented black PVD buckles and when they are done, one will be sent in addition. I will also get the tegimented black PVD bracelet when it is available in the fall. This shot is with my Sinn EZM3 for size comparison.

I am not a big fan of Rubber straps so I put the watch on a 22mm Breitling leather strap which I thought looked good with the white stitching contrasting like the white on the bezel and dial.

I have had watches this big in the past and not like them for one reason or another but this one is enjoyable so far. Despite it's heft it is comfortable, I think more so on the leather strap.

The chrono functions work like a charm and the accuracy has been good, I think about 2-3 seconds fast per day. The lume is good, but no chrono functions are lumed. The overall appearance is pretty awesome and I really like the high crystal to case diameter ratio. The bezel locks when in normal position and you have to push it in to unlock and turn it, which works very solidly and has 60 clicks.

I like the fact that I can use the chrono functions underwater as deep as the rated depth. I will use them but certainly no deeper than 50 or 60 feet.

Even under close examination I can find no marks on the case so I guess the Tegimented finish is pretty tough because I have bumped it a couple of times here and there.

Just in case you notice there are some differences in the dimensions listed above and those on my scratch sheet in a couple of the pictures. That is because I went back and double checked them and the correct numbers are listed in the review above.

If you guys have other questions about it just shoot.

Re: Sinn U1000S Mini-Review

great stuff,
    any pics with it on a black pvd nato?

Hi Vince,
    Thanks for sharing the comments about the U1000s and the good photos. I like the layout of the chrono dial and reversed crown/buttons. Looks like it would be easy to operate on the wrist. Do you reach over the top and press the buttons with your index finger or under with the thumb? The Sinn waterproof leather strap would look really good on your watch and comes with either the red or white stitching. The Di-Modell Chronissimo is the same without the Sinn emblem and is available with the pvd buckle.
    Last edited by Fastlane; June 3rd, 2008 at 18:33.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
    Hi Vince,
    Thanks for sharing the comments about the U1000s and the good photos. I like the layout of the chrono dial and reversed crown/buttons. Looks like it would be easy to operate on the wrist. Do you reach over the top and press the buttons with your left index finger or under with the left thumb? The Sinn waterproof leather strap would look really good on your watch and comes with either the red or white stitching. The Di-Modell Chronissimo is the same without the Sinn emblem and is available with the pvd buckle.

I wear the watch on my left wrist and operate the chrono pushers with my right thumb.

Unfortunately the Sinn and DiModell straps are either not made in a long version or are very hard to find. I got the Sinn leather with the red stitching on my EZM3 and it does not fit my wrist.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by pindu View Post
    great stuff,
    any pics with it on a black pvd nato?
    I don't have one but will see if I can get some with a black PVD Zulu strap which I think I have somewhere.

Not sure about the Sinn straps, but the standard Di-Modell Chronissimo is long and there is also a short available.
    The one I have is 120mm+90mm (not including the buckle).
    On the U1, it fits my 8" wrist on the 3rd hole and the end just fits under both keepers.

Thanks .
    Very nice pics and review, certainly a looker.

Enjoy,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Does this watch come with a countdown bezel option????

James

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by panerai104 View Post
    Does this watch come with a countdown bezel option????

James
    Not as far as I know.

very thoughtful review...thanx!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information