SINN U2 Bracelet Questions

Thread: SINN U2 Bracelet Questions

Okay so after having tried mounting my U2 on the SINN rubber strap, found that the big deployment clasp was a little over-whelming for my 6.5" wrist; due to a lower lug loose spring bar fit, mounting other brand leather straps was irritating; so i went all out and bought myself a SINN stainless steel bracelet for my U2 and wow, the packaging was better than what SINN provides for the watch IMO.

It was a breeze to re-size, the screw system is great, removed 3 links and the bracelet was a perfect fit; far more comfortable then my Omega SMP300 bracelet, they should make micro adjustment holes compulsory! BUT i do have some questions about my bracelet:

1. It is really light, doesn't feel at all like it's stainless steel; it's lighter even than my Omega SMP300 bracelet and my Seiko SCC017 solar chrono diver bracelet? But overall still very nicely machines and finished IMO

2. First issue i have is the first link that connects to the solid end link. One side is really tight with little "play" while the other side's first link is "looser" and has more "play", is this normal? (See Picture A, the circled link is the one i am talking about)

3. Second issue i have is that the solid end links are "shorter" by a fraction then the lugs (See Picture B), is this normal? Usually i would have thought that the end link would sit nicely flush?

Reason i am asking here is, my AD doesn't have any U2 or U1 on display that's on bracelet; heck they don't even have any bracelets for the U1 and U2 in stock at their service centre for SINN here.

So guys is my bracelet normal or ?

Picture A :

Picture B:

I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Re: SINN U2 Bracelet Questions

Quote Originally Posted by balzebub View Post
    2. First issue i have is the first link that connects to the solid end link. One side is really tight with little "play" while the other side's first link is "looser" and has more "play", is this normal? (See Picture A, the circled link is the one i am talking about)
    If lug side has more play, it will hit the edge of solid link and leave scratches .

3. Second issue i have is that the solid end links are "shorter" by a fraction then the lugs (See Picture B), is this normal? Usually i would have thought that the end link would sit nicely flush?
    Which watch's solid link is NOT "shorter" than lug?

Quote Originally Posted by dkbs View Post
    If lug side has more play, it will hit the edge of solid link and leave scratches .

Which watch's solid link is NOT "shorter" than lug?
    Oh never noticed in my other watches, just afraid that the first link from the bracelet will hit/rub against the lug ends where it curves downwards and eventually scratch or even deform it? Any U2 on bracelet owners can comment?
    Last edited by balzebub; November 28th, 2013 at 10:26.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1. It is really light, doesn't feel at all like it's stainless steel; it's lighter even than my Omega SMP300 bracelet and my Seiko SCC017 solar chrono diver bracelet? But overall still very nicely machines and finished IMO

I think it is heavy but not uncharacteristically for what it is. Anyway, I don't think heavy is that much of a good thing either...

Yes, my first link has more play on one side only. I think the manufacturing tolerances might be a bit off. I have tried swapping the spring bars and end-links around but it didn't make any difference. My first link on the six o'clock side is just a bit looser.

Yes, noticed the same here but only when I examined it closely. I've had my UX mostly on bracelet on for nearly five years now and I've not had the bracelet touch the lugs or scratch it... Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the watch...

Anyone here knows what's the part number for the bracelet that's for the U2? It says 1010 on my solid end links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by balzebub; December 2nd, 2013 at 16:14.

Just an update, SINN sent me new end links for my bracelet and now both sides fit better and are "balanced" with the same amount of play.

I do have one last question, does any one know if the spring bars supplied with the bracelet and the spring bars supplied with the rubber strap interchangeable? I think mixed them up....:what:

Sent from the dark side

Just an update, SINN sent me new end links for my bracelet and now both sides fit better and are "balanced" with the same amount of play.

I do have one last question, does any one know if the spring bars supplied with the bracelet and the spring bars supplied with the rubber strap interchangeable? I think mixed them up....:what:

Sent from the dark side
    The springbars are not interchangeable. The silicone strap bars are usually thicker than the bracelet bars. You can use bracelet bars on the strap but it's not as secure.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    The springbars are not interchangeable. The silicone strap bars are usually thicker than the bracelet bars. You can use bracelet bars on the strap but it's not as secure.
    Oh no, to my eye they appeared to be identical..so i've mixed them up...

Just a quick update, heard back from Sinn customer service, the spring bars supplied with the rubber strap and those supplied with the stainless steel bracelet are indeed different and should not be used interchangeably.

Sent from the dark side

Thread Information