Sinn US service recommendations
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sinn US service recommendations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn US service recommendations

Any recommendations on where to service a 104 that's out of warranty? The power reserve seems low, 20 second variations compared to the 2sec it used to be, and the day wheel sticks when I rotate it sometimes. With the Sellita movement I assume most companies can fix it. I've heard mixed reviews about RGM and I don't want to wait 3-4 months.

Re: Sinn US service recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by djdust12 View Post
    Any recommendations on where to service a 104 that's out of warranty? The power reserve seems low, 20 second variations compared to the 2sec it used to be, and the day wheel sticks when I rotate it sometimes. With the Sellita movement I assume most companies can fix it. I've heard mixed reviews about RGM and I don't want to wait 3-4 months.
    Depending on where you live, we might be able to give you a better referral.

Since RGM is the Sinn warranty center for NA I would send it there. They’ll have the gaskets/ O rings you’ll need for the pressure test

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Depending on where you live, we might be able to give you a better referral.
    I'm in California, a couple hours east of San Diego.
    I thought gaskets / O-rings were stocked by any watch maker who can pressure test. There are a couple places in Palm Springs who said it would easily be under a month unless something drastic was wrong and/or difficult to order...

I'm in California, a couple hours east of San Diego.
    I thought gaskets / O-rings were stocked by any watch maker who can pressure test. There are a couple places in Palm Springs who said it would easily be under a month unless something drastic was wrong and/or difficult to order...
    I don't have a great reference for your area, but the nylon gaskets that Sinn uses are off-the-shelf parts so yes, anyone competent there should have no issue servicing that aspect
    djdust12 likes this.

I don't have any specific references, but I will politely and succinctly say that it's extremely unlikely that I'll do any business (especially repairs or servicing) with RGM again.

Quote Originally Posted by prateeko View Post
    I don't have any specific references, but I will politely and succinctly say that it's extremely unlikely that I'll do any business (especially repairs or servicing) with RGM again.
    Do you mind sharing your experience? Was work done incorrectly, delayed too long, too expensive? I don't mind paying (to a point) for quality work, but I don't want to give business to a company that doesn't seem to care about the customers.

Do you mind sharing your experience? Was work done incorrectly, delayed too long, too expensive? I don't mind paying (to a point) for quality work, but I don't want to give business to a company that doesn't seem to care about the customers.
    If you search around (here and elsewhere) think you may find similar experiences. I am upfront in noting that I have not use many service providers (relatively new to automatics) so the experience may be par for the industry, but if it is then the industry has a lot of room for improvement. The prices are freely available (and they will let you know in advance if you ask them with rough estimates) so I will leave you to judge if you think they are fair.

In terms of how long it takes to get the work done, it took longer than I expected but there were some extenuating circumstances and individuals on here have varied responses I've found - sounds like it can take anywhere from industry standard to longer end of normal depending on how busy they are. Communication was sub-optimal and one of the main issues I had (I'm hoping other watchmakers/providers are more responsive) and overall considering the work, length, communication, and experience in totality I was underwhelmed. It is very convenient to have manufacturer recognized service options in the US, but my personal (and isolated) experience does not give me added confidence in purchasing a future Sinn and if I am being painfully frank, has made me take pause when I think towards my future watch purchases which is a shame because I am exceedingly (and in some ways pathologically) a fan of Sinn.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about RGM. I'd get a quote and see what they want to charge you. Perhaps worth looking around at others for quotes too. If RGM is not THAT much more I'd probably go with them unless you get very high quality references toward another watchmaker.

Any good watchmaker can service your watch. Parts are readily avail (unless you are talking hands/dials etc) and should be no problem. Unfortunatly, service times in the “industry” are what they are. Expect a minimum of 3 months generally. My local guy is 6-8 weeks out. Unfortunate part of the game. Some companies regularly have watches in “service” for over a year...
    Too many flipped...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information