Sinn UX on a 6.5 inch wrist?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sinn UX on a 6.5 inch wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn UX on a 6.5 inch wrist?

I have been perusing this board on and off over the years. I have a Sinn 103 and a Sinn 104. I love the 103 more than the 104, but some pictures of the Sinn UX caught my eye.

I especially like the UX on an Erika's strap black with red stripe. If I ever go for that, I'd do that.

I was wondering what a 44mm watch like the Sinn UX would be on my 6.5 inch wrist? Does anyone know the lug to lug size? Watchbuys and other places don't seem to list that information.

Also, is it heavy? Others have mentioned that the Sinn U1 is particularly heavy and it is 44mm.

The biggest watch I've had was a Stowa Flieger Klassik Sport which was 43mm but was very doable.

Finally, does anyone have any idea how much it costs to send it back to Germany for battery servicing? Generally?

Many thanks in advance. If I missed a thread on this subject, my apologies. I did my research a few times and didn't really see anything on this subject.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Re: Sinn UX on a 6.5 inch wrist?

Service is about $300 for the battery and oil change plus about $200 for the shipping (service is done at Sinn in Germany). About every 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    simonp67 likes this.

So $500 every 7 years? Hmmm......
    Seeking watch nirvana

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is always possible to buy quartz ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    So $500 every 7 years? Hmmm......
    Yes, I tell myself itís about what an automaticís service would run, cost and frequency. But yes, hmmm.

It is a cool watch, I stepped up from an eco drive that couldnít be repaired. Of course I couldíve got a new eco drive for $500.

Tanjecterly likes this.

WB told me that the L2L is 50.5 which is doable for me. Hmm. I'm still waiting on input from others.

By the way, your pictures with the red striped black Erika's strap is what got me interested in this. Don't know if I should thank you for that.
    Seeking watch nirvana

COZ

I think the head weight of the U1 is about 113g and that of the UX is about 105g.

UX may be slightly thinner but can't recall how much, thinking about 1.4mm.

I had the U1 on my 7 in. wrist and thought it was a little top heavy so let it go. The UX should wear a little better IMO but 44mm may still be bit big on 6.5in wrist (?)

Quote Originally Posted by nodnar View Post
    Yes, I tell myself itís about what an automaticís service would run, cost and frequency. But yes, hmmm.

It is a cool watch, I stepped up from an eco drive that couldnít be repaired. Of course I couldíve got a new eco drive for $500.

My wrist is 7.25 and as long as Iím ďhelpingĒ

900 vs UX

For size

For size

Fun aside. It might be a little big I donít know. But the Erikaís strap works well and is my favorite. Such that I think I could pull off a U1000 on my wrist.

Tanjecterly, farmerboy and Topdude like this.

The UX is a heavy watch, particularly on the bracelet. It is heavier than a U1, but similar. It sits very comfortably though and the bracelet is top notch so it actually wears easily. My UX lasted close to 8 years. So a service at that interval for a few hundred is cheap compared to must mechanicals. It’s a great watch, and the floating dial (not really just looks like it) is uber cool. The hydros are special, but they come with considerations for sure.
    Tanjecterly and simonp67 like this.
    Too many flipped...

After some thinking and discussion with Watch Buys, I think I will purchase this at some point. I had to compare this with the biggest watch I have; the Stowa Flieger Klassik Sport which is 43mm, 51mm L2L, and 115 grams with a rubber strap. It is comfortable for me, especially with the curved lugs.

In contrast, the UX is 44mm, 50.5mm L2L, and 105mm for the watch head, and it does appear to have curved lugs. So I think if I am comfortable with the Stowa FKS, I will be fine with the Sinn UX.

If anyone has any pictures of the UX seen from the side on the wrist, and the size of that wrist, that'd be helpful, too.

That said, I have to figure out if I want it now before the WB/Sinn price increase at the end of the month and if so, how to pay for it.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information