Sinn UX battery change cost.

Thread: Sinn UX battery change cost.

Sinn UX battery change cost.

Anyone out there has any info in regards to how much does it cost to replace battery on UX and what's the Sinn turnaround time on battery change.

I've also heard that Oil makes it more redable underwatter. Has anyone tested this? If yes is it significan difference or not reallly?

Thanks.

P.S.

I suspect 3-4 weeks turanound time and about 300US cost but I'm hoping that someone out there has a more correct estimates in this regards.
    Last edited by duke4c; August 18th, 2008 at 15:16.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Re: Sinn UX battery change cost.

The only people that have sent them back that I know of have been for the change in oil from silicone to teflon. Many have had the battery changed at that time but the cost has been much less than $300 US. I will try and do a search and find the thread I had seen that on. A member that had his done had gave me the price. I thought it was around $40. I am assuming that is the price with the warranty work being done as they have to open the watch for the warranty work and the oil was being changed anyway. I will reach out to him to confirm. The warranty time frame was around 8 weeks, so the battery change could be 3 to 4 weeks. With the battery life being around 7 years, I did not think the model has been around that long yet.
    Last edited by giosdad; August 20th, 2008 at 00:57. Reason: adding sentence
    Regards

Barry

K

Thanks a lot Barry. This helps a lot since I was eyeballing UX for quite some time now.

Question for you: do you happen to know the reason for oil change? Also, do you know if newer models have this new type of oil?

Thanks a million.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

plenty of posts here about the oil. the silicon used in the ezm2 hydro and ux caused some dials to darken to a gray color plus on some discolored the hands. also there were some with air pockets that stayed even after the watch was a room temperature. the ux gsg9 has the new teflon oil. I have one of those and a regular ux. sinn will replace the old oil and hands plus the dial at no charge since its a known problem. I have a limited edition ezm2 gsg9 with the air bubble and some lume pieces free floating. sinn said to send it in. it will be covered under warranty.

So far, I'm in $130 just for shipping. I'm told the shipping back from Sinn is on them. So, I think that's it! I'll let you know when it comes back. Should be another 4-6 weeks. So far they have been great to deal with. Wish me luck! :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    sinn will replace the old oil and hands plus the dial at no charge since its a known problem.
    I am interested in an used 2006 UX, will Sinn replace the old oil for free even if there is no warranty? Just to be sure...
    Last edited by veleno; December 12th, 2008 at 00:09.

I am under the impression from many people that they will change the oil, dial and hands out of warranty. I also believe that the UX has a three year warranty so a 2006 should still be under warranty.
    Regards

Barry

Barry,

Did your UX come back from Frankfurt yet? I'd love to see before-and-after pictures, as well as read your report on the whole experience.

(I apologize in advance if I missed a prior post by you on your UX's triumphal return)

Rob

Actually it never left. Another member talked (read scared) me into waiting until the holidays were over due to the madness of shipping and possible holiday closings at Sinn. So I have decided to send it out the second week of January. I will keep you posted. (I now have a rubber strap that a very generous member gave me, so it now has two personalities bracelet and strap)
    Regards

Barry

Thread Information