Sinn UX configuration... Which one would be the best to have?

View Poll Results: Sinn UX or GSG9

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • All black tegemented GSG9 with red/ white second hand

2 13.33%
  • All black tegemented GSG9 with white second hand

0 0%
  • All black tegemented UX standard dial with 10 oclock crown

5 33.33%
  • Stainless tegemented GSG9 red/ white sec hand

1 6.67%
  • Stainless tegemented GSG9 white sec hand

2 13.33%
  • Stainless tegemented UX standard

5 33.33%
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sinn UX configuration... Which one would be the best to have?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sinn UX configuration... Which one would be the best to have?

Recently I've been looking into the Sinn UX style watches and have decided I'd like to get one but just looking to see which would be the most desirable as well as functional for my purposes. I need one to qualify for both dress as well as casual and though I prefer the all black tegemented case and bracelet, I'm open to opinions and suggestions.

My current thought is the all black tegemented case, bracelet in the GSG9 configuration but with the red and white second hand as supplied on the standard UX as I personally feel the white second hand would be a little plain with all the other white on the watch...while the red and white I think would add a bit of balance and class as well as be a good mix and a welcome addition. Many don't like the GSG9 logo and feel it's a bit too busy or detracts from the watches' beauty where as I don't mind and think also it is a nice touch.

On the other hand, many I've spoken to quite like the standard UX tegemented but stainless look and standard UX dial plus they say it will suit more for dress and special occasions as opposed to black. I have 2 stainless watches already and one black... but my black one won't fit a dress occasion at all unless it's a Navy Uniform! So I have a dilema!!! Any ideas?

Re: Sinn UX configuration... Which one would be the best to have?

UX "S" - All black tegemented with rubber strap. The UX was made for the rubber strap.
    Crown @ 4 O'Clock

I say all black w/ bracelet.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

All of them.
    We stole the Eagle from the Air Force; the Anchor from the Navy; the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and
    stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

If you're looking for a watch that is versatile, I would opt for the standard UX on bracelet and go from here. It looks fine with a shirt and tie. It'll work for just about every occasion and setting other than the most formal requiring a tux. The bracelet is also the most likely one to to slip under a cuff. So if you are thinking of long sleeve shirts and work, then the bracelet is the one to get. The rubber catches on sleves and that deployant is a monster. I made the mistake of buying mine on the rubber and having to get the bracelet after. That, of course was the more expensive route.

You can always pick up the rubber later if you do fancy it. Admittedly, the UX does look best on the rubber though I would say that it isn't the most comfortable set-up. I haven't tried rubber on the smaller butterfly deployant and it'll probably be more comfortable that way. YMMV.

You could also go with any number of custom leather options ( e.g. Toshi) for a refreshing change of look now and then. The black one isn't so easy to mess around with straps wise. A black bezel will also eventually marr even if it is Tegimented.

Whether the crown goes at 10 or 4 boils down to personal preference. I prefer it at 4 for practical reasons. I think it makes any changes (though rare) easier. Still, having it at 10 is nice. Up to you really.

If you need a versatile watch and want a UX, then the standard steel is probably the best answer. But if you already have a collection of other watches for formal dressy occasions and you're looking for something different to add to the mix then a black GSC 9 would do nicely...

Here's a pic of mine set up on the Toshi strap...

Name:  UX Toshi.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  193.5 KB
    Last edited by metatime; March 17th, 2015 at 10:35.
    akitadog and umarrajs like this.

UX GSG 9 SDR with all tegimented case and bracelet would be really cool.

sent using a flying carpet
    patrickwstorey likes this.
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

As much as I think the black is sexy, I think the natural stainless is also just as much but in a different way. Would love to have the black but working on a trade deal with something else I have, only one is an option and I want to get it right the first time around. Gut feeling says the natural stainless on a bracelet, standard dial, with the crown at 2200. If I keep the Omega then I'll certainly have to get a shark mesh bracelet for it which will take some time unless I get lucky. Nice watch though you have posted. Leather is ok, but not practical for me... Rubber is a no go at all costs as they eventually deteriorate and crack/ split. Had it before and have it now.

I'm with metatime on this one...all stainless standard config is the way to go. The GSG9 logo doesn't do it for me, I don't care for the white seconds hand, and the all black look is less versatile...my $0.02...

Cheers,
    Pete

The Navy is a master plan designed by geniuses for execution by idiots. - Herman Wouk

I've pretty much had every configuration of the UX and U2 now. Normal bead blasted finish, all pvd/tegimented, and now I've got a fully tegimented UX in the "silver" color. My absolute favorite so far is the fully tegimented silver one. The bracelet is noticeably darker than the non-tegimented one, but is much more versatile than the all black. It has a darker appearance than all my other stainless watches, and almost looks like the gunmetal shade similar to Ti. When I had the all black models, they really ended up being "too black," after awhile I felt like it looked too much like a plastic/rubber g-shock. (Nothing against G's, but if I wanted my Sinn to look like a G-shock, I'd buy a G-shock).

I also prefer the white second hand on the GSG WAY more than the red on the standard UX. In bright light the red UX hand almost has an orange hue to it. I find the all white hands/indices with red accents on the dial to be the cleanest look of them all. If you are buying brand new and are fine with the wait time on a custom order, I think the ultimate UX would be the standard GSG9 model, but with the normal UX dial. (sterile UX dial, white second hand, 10 o'clock crown, fully tegimented)
    umarrajs likes this.

Hmmmmmm, scratching my head now!!! Not a bad thing, I like challenges and like to think about things before biting the bullet. Wait time isn't a problem at all, have quotes for the red/ white second hand on the GSG9 Black, nice touch... and I don't mind the orange hue as I have the same with my Luminox 4220. On paper it's not all that but on the wrist I think it's "different" and a nice touch.

I keep leaning toward the black as black is getting back in but completely agree on the g shock comment...and almost fear this may be the case with me also. If the fully teg is a bit darker than I think that would be a nice balance. Far as the dial goes, I'm torn between the GSG9 dial with either red/white, or white second hand and the UX dial with red/ white. Some say there is too much red on the GSG9 dial and don't like the logo, but I'm ok either way. I figure it's going to be a custom model and I want to get the best I can get the first time cause I won't be able to re do this! The GSG9 logo doesn't add too much business for me and the clean UX looks a bit "too clean" but if that's the general consensus and people speak from experience I don't have, then it is wise to listen... So for sure, it'll be Fully Tegimented Stainless finish (Had decided on black but this post cause a mind change), 10 oclock crown, only question is dial and second hand option!

As I've mentioned before, I'm looking for something to make a statement and add to a good first impression, bold, subtle, different, but not over the top.
    I guess as well, I like German workmanship such as HK's, their knives, etc.... but probably a bit silly to walk around with a counter terrorism brand and most likely wouldn't do me any favors as far as the dress code... Not sure! Opinions?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information