Sinn UX vs UX GSG Crown position, and crown "bite"

Thread: Sinn UX vs UX GSG Crown position, and crown "bite"

Sinn UX vs UX GSG Crown position, and crown "bite"

Hello All,

After serious self-debate around buying a U1 or a UX, I have finally settled on buying a UX... now the question remains, UX (standard) or the UX GSG 9 version.

Obviously the main difference is the crown placement and dial... I am curious if anyone has had experience with what I would call "crown bite" with the standard UX, where the crown of watch on the right hand side pushes into the wrist/hand when your hand is in various positions.

I like the idea of the left hand crown on the GSG 9, but I like the option of being able to find a fully tegimented version of the "standard" UX; so I dont know which one to pick. I work in law enforcement, and plan on wearing this watch on a regular basis when on patrol / shooting at the range etc...

If anyone could share their thoughts based on experience of wearing the above watches, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help and insight.

Re: Sinn UX vs UX GSG Crown position, and crown "bite"

I have had a U1 SDR (same crown position as a UX) since January and a fully tegimented UX (since August). They get about 80% of my wrist time. I have never noticed any "crown bite". I considered the GSG because the crown was in a different position than the U1 (which I already had), but decided I liked the regular UX dial and seconds hand more.

FYI, I think Watchbuys (if you live in the US), offered both the regular UX and GSG in fully tegimented versions earlier this year, on limited runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ads75 View Post
    I have had a U1 SDR (same crown position as a UX) since January and a fully tegimented UX (since August). They get about 80% of my wrist time. I have never noticed any "crown bite"

Same here have had a UX-S since 2011 and, I have not suffered any crown bite yet. I alternate between the bracelet and the silicone strap. Plus in my opinion, with the crown on the left, it's a little harder to set the time and date, with the watch on.

Ciao

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same here, U2 since 2011 and UX since 2014. Personally I think that crown at 10 looks odd and might be hard to operate. So for me crown should be in U-series at 4 o'clock and EZMs at 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincey View Post
    Same here have had a UX-S since 2011 and, I have not suffered any crown bite yet.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

I have both the UX and UX GSG. Both crown positions are interesting, and I have not been bothered by a "bite" with either. Both are really comfortable.

The GSG model is a bit trickier to adjust (left-handed), but because of the accuracy, that is only the date wheel every other month!

I don't think you will have an issue with either one, I have the UX GSG and will soon purchase a UIT. Good luck with your decision.

Thread Information