Sinn watch servicing in North America needs a major upgrade
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Sinn watch servicing in North America needs a major upgrade

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sinn watch servicing in North America needs a major upgrade

Myself and numerous others who have used RGM were dissatisfied with RGM service due to waiting
    2-4 weeks for RGM to get parts before they can even do anything. So a simple repair can take months.
    My experience to have them replace a crown and stem under warranty took 3 months and I was
    supposed to be put at the top of queue for warranty work. Slow replies to emails and very poor packing
    of my watch when it was shipped back to me plus when I received my watch I had no work order of what was
    done to my watch. I had to contact Watchbuys to get RGM to send it to me.
    Sending the Watch to Germany is an option but I honestly do not want to go that route and then
    possibly have to deal with customs plus spending up to $200 for roundtrip shipping cost.
    If Sinn wants to be taken seriously in North America they need a REAL Sinn Service Center for their watches.

Re: Sinn watch servicing in North America needs a major upgrade

I donít think youíll get any arguments on this. Iím dreading the day my UX needs a battery change. I bought it. 7 years ago gambling that in 7 years Sinn would have a proper, full service facility in North America:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    umarrajs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp67 View Post
    I donít think youíll get any arguments on this. Iím dreading the day my UX needs a battery change. I bought it. 7 years ago gambling that in 7 years Sinn would have a proper, full service facility in North America:/

I don't think it'll be worth paying service center prices for a simple battery change for a UX. My local watchmaker didn't even charge me last time except for the battery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Casper View Post
    I don't think it'll be worth paying service center prices for a simple battery change for a UX. My local watchmaker didn't even charge me last time except for the battery.
    You found a US watchmaker who can drain the oil, replace the battery and refill the oil in a UX?

nodnar, michael_m and umarrajs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SMP_DON View Post
    Myself and numerous others who have used RGM were dissatisfied with RGM service due to waiting
    2-4 weeks for RGM to get parts before they can even do anything. So a simple repair can take months.
    My experience to have them replace a crown and stem under warranty took 3 months and I was
    supposed to be put at the top of queue for warranty work. Slow replies to emails and very poor packing
    of my watch when it was shipped back to me plus when I received my watch I had no work order of what was
    done to my watch. I had to contact Watchbuys to get RGM to send it to me.
    Sending the Watch to Germany is an option but I honestly do not want to go that route and then
    possibly have to deal with customs plus spending up to $200 for roundtrip shipping cost.
    If Sinn wants to be taken seriously in North America they need a REAL Sinn Service Center for their watches.
    More investments needed in U.S. service center/service support in general, not just annual price increases!
    This is a deal-breaker.
    simonp67 and ten13th like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp67 View Post
    You found a US watchmaker who can drain the oil, replace the battery and refill the oil in a UX?

Ah, forgot the UX was oil filled. I see your point.

Ok, packing and other items aside, general service in the watch industry takes 6-12 weeks minimum. Often times MUCH LONGER. I have found the guys at Watchbuys to be very helpful overall, but have never had to deal with RGM directly. Sinn Germany has been great every time Iíve needed something.

Regarding the UX... the Hydros can only be serviced in Germany. That will never change. The service is performed by a highly specialized staff and from what I understand will only be a Germany thing. Just part of Hydro ownership. Itís only every 7 years or so. Not really a big deal IMO. My UX went nearly 8 and the service door to door was about 11 weeks. When Sinn was transitioning there were some crazy service slow downs, but this seems to be rectified and service times are back to reasonable.
    Hoppyjr, Spring-Diver and ads75 like this.
    Too many flipped...

Quote Originally Posted by SMP_DON View Post
    of my watch when it was shipped back to me
    Having to ship UX to Germany is baked into the purchasing decision and 6-12 weeks for a full service is Ok. But having to wait 3 months for a crown job under warranty @Sinn USA service center is a joke.
    Hoppyjr and Dan Pierce like this.

I’ll be testing the waters with RGM next week. My T1B’s crown unscrewed from the case.

Hopefully I’ll have back in a week or so;)

Cheers
    Shannon
    nodnar likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinnís: EZM9, EZM14ĖT1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

They could also consider selling parts to customers who want to use a watchmaker of their choice. My 656 needs a new crown and tube. I sent it to Germany on July 25th and I'm still waiting for Sinn to confirm receipt. The 656 is a simple design with a run of the mill movement. I wanted Wilson Watch Works to do the work, but I couldn't get the parts. No reply from RGM until I contacted Sinn. Sinn were prompt to reply, but the response was disappointing. I don't want to hear the "all watch companies do that" argument. It's a dumb policy. Sinn could set a new benchmark by operating similar to auto makers. They'll sell you parts, but you have no comeback if the work is done at an unauthorized source. I'd be happy to take that (tiny) risk. Obviously this wouldn't be a solution for the oil-filled watches, humidty capsules, Etc, but it may make many other owners very happy.
    SMP_DON likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information