Soon to be a new owner of the 556i
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Soon to be a new owner of the 556i

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Soon to be a new owner of the 556i

After a week or two of running polls and pestering people with inane questions about the 556i and 556a, I have made my decision and pulled the pin on a 556i from Watchbuys, and should get it Saturday.

Will report back then!

Hopefully this put and end to my "One Watch" grail (probably not), but at least slow down the search.
    Wycombe and Ottovonn like this.

Re: Soon to be a new owner of the 556i

Congrats on your new watch! Looking forward to plenty of pictures.

Best.

Jon

Dre

Good choice! Strap or bracelet? I've had mine on an olive green nylon nato strap for quite some time, fabulous wearing that way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    Good choice! Strap or bracelet? I've had mine on an olive green nylon nato strap for quite some time, fabulous wearing that way.
    Ordered it on the bracelet, I swim almost daily in my backyard pool (live in Arizona) and any kind of strap would be out of the question, although this watch could change out to a strap pretty easily if I wanted to dress it up.

Watchbuys is a great outfit to deal with, I ordered the watch last night, got a call from them today confirming the order and shipping address, and about an hour later I got an email confirming that the watch had shipped and provided a tracking number.

Get the watch tomorrow around 1:30pm

Dre

Quote Originally Posted by CombatMarine View Post
    Ordered it on the bracelet, I swim almost daily in my backyard pool (live in Arizona) and any kind of strap would be out of the question, although this watch could change out to a strap pretty easily if I wanted to dress it up.

Watchbuys is a great outfit to deal with, I ordered the watch last night, got a call from them today confirming the order and shipping address, and about an hour later I got an email confirming that the watch had shipped and provided a tracking number.

Get the watch tomorrow around 1:30pm
    Absolutely, the drilled lugs make changes very quick and painless. I'm a fan of how it wears on leather, but I can see the advantage of a bracelet in hot and steamy Arizona!

Watchbuys was great, they recently did a roadshow up here in Washington DC. They rented a suite in a hotel downtown, brought a whole bunch of watches, and let all of us interested pore over them, drool, photograph 'em, etc. None of them were for sale, so it really was just a check out what we got session. Super friendly guys. Though my 556 came used, I'd whole heartedly recommend them based on that show they did.

While we wait for pics of your 556, here's how mine looks on a Chronissimo strap (waterproof to 100m supposedly). Great wearing combination, in fact I'm gonna go put that strap on right now!

Banned

Got it today, I had reservations that the 38.5 case was going to ride a little small on my 8" wrist, and maybe the bracelet wouldn't fit.

Well it doesn't look small, and the bracelet had to be micro-adjusted out as far as it could go, but it fits just fine, not too tight, not too loose. If you have wrist bigger then 8" may I suggest you order an extra link with your order.

The watch definitely looks 100% better in person then it does on the photos, the brushed finish on the case and the bracelet isn't flat looking like you see in the photos, it looks very similar to the brushed finishing I had on my Tag Link Chrono.

The dial and the markers do not look flat and just painted on like the photos suggest, the dial has some kind of lacquering on it and is very expensive looking. The fit and finish is excellent and completely blows away the Seiko Sarb 033 I used to have.

The biggest surprise I had with this watch was the fact that the bracelet has a divers extension on it, never heard that mentioned before.

Here are a couple of preliminary photos I took less then an hour ago, will report back with the accuracy of the first 24 hrs.

rockmastermike likes this.

Banned

First day's accuracy results; after placing it crown up last night it was +7 seconds fast. Will try crown down tonight.

Congratulations on your new watch! I struggled with the same A vs I debate for a while.
    The 'I' won out for me too. I guess I just love the super-clean look. cheers

That is a great looking watch and it looks good on your wrist.

Jon

Dre

Congrats, it's a great wearing piece. Very cool about the diver's extension on the bracelet, hadn't heard that yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information