Spring or push-out? U200 bracelet micro-adjustment pin

Thread: Spring or push-out? U200 bracelet micro-adjustment pin

Question Spring or push-out? U200 bracelet micro-adjustment pin

I just received U200 on bracelet (love it!) but I could use a fine-tuning of the bracelent length.

I tried, a lot, to take the micro-adjustment pin off, thinking it's a spring pin, but it just won't come off. Is it stuck? Or this is supposed to be a push-out pin? I can feel a tiny bit of movement on the pin when I push with the pin tool came with the watch, but it won't move enough to come off the buckle. While I'm trying this, diver's extension is extended (out of the way).

I usually run straps and I don't even remember the last time I had a watch with bracelet.

Any help would greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by coelacanth; December 14th, 2013 at 00:58.

Re: Spring or push-out? U200 bracelet micro-adjustment pin

Hope the pictures help

Moderator German Watches Forum

Quote Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post
    I just received U200 on bracelet (love it!) but I could use a fine-tuning of the bracelent length.

I tried, a lot, to take the micro-adjustment pin off, thinking it's a spring pin, but it just won't come off. Is it stuck? Or this is supposed to be a push-out pin? I can feel a tiny bit of movement on the pin when I push with the pin tool came with the watch, but it won't move enough to come off the buckle. While I'm trying this, diver's extension is extended (out of the way).

I usually run straps and I don't even remember the last time I had a watch with bracelet.

Any help would greatly appreciated...
    Some spring bars are like that. Did you try pushing on the other end?
    That tool might be a little too large for the hole in the clasp. I would
    try another tool.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

getting that spring bar out is always a challenge, as you must first dislodge one side, then flip it over (while holding the bar so it doesn't slip back into the hole) and dislodge the other side in order to change holes. A little practice and you'll get better at it.

Thanks for the comments guys.

So it turned out, the pin was really REEAALLY stuck and jammed in there. No way of separating the pin from the hole unless you are to drill it out through and through according to the watchmaker (supposed to be pretty competent one). After seeing that part out of buckle, I have to believe it.

Long story short, I'm in the market for the main buckle plate (watchmaker had to pry that open, leaving a mark) and the bracket part that's holding the jammed pin, and that darn pin.

Now I need your advice on sourcing the parts. I'm planning to do one of these:

• Buying parts from Sinn, shipped from Germany to the US.
    • See if I can buy parts from Watchbuys. (watch is bought used and not from there)
    • See if RGM has parts.

Anyone in the US has gotten parts, not the entire watch or bracelet from those I listed above? Since it's not the whole watch as product, I'm hoping that Sinn can sell the parts to me directory. Or is it actually easy to buy parts from WatchBuys/RGM?

I planned to run the watch on Zulu (which I'm doing right now) most of time so I'm not in a hurry. I guess I'll try to keep the cost low, but fix it right with genuine parts only.

I'll contact them all and see the cost figure and turnaround, but any info would be most appreciated.

Edit: from searching around WUS, I guess the choice 1 (buying from Sinn) is a no-go. They don't sell parts, and only authorized service centers can order parts and perform repairs... I guess that means I have only RGM to turn to since I'm in the US...
    Last edited by coelacanth; December 14th, 2013 at 22:19.

Thread Information