Which stock strap / bracelet for 104?

Thread: Which stock strap / bracelet for 104?

Which stock strap / bracelet for 104?

I am leaning brown..is the bracelet good? I hear the u1 ones are not very good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

Re: Which stock strap / bracelet for 104?

I have the brown leather, and while it looks nice, I've never found it comfortable. It's thick and seems hard to break in.

If given the choice now I'd opt for that gray one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Get the H-link bracelet and some after market straps, like from Fluco, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always go bracelet on a big purchase like this. To me, the bracelet is part of the watch experience. H-Link or fine link, both are OK.
    Always easier to get a 3rd party strap if you feel like it but costs considerably more to buy an official bracelet after the fact and 3rd party barcelets are a lot more hit and miss than third party leather, rubber or suede straps.

In short, pay a little more and get the bracelet.
    "So if, nothwithstanding the association with conspicuous consumption, owning a mechanical watch really makes you happy, then fine, buy that $500 microbrand, or even the $1500 Longines. I'd find it hard to justify going above that" ​
    - Professor Peter Singer to the watchuseek forums re: the ethics of watch collecting

If it were me I'd get none of those options . The 104 can go on nearly anything and IMO you can get a much better look with Natos or with a nice high quality leather strap from a 3rd party other than Sinn. (I do really like the alligator pattern leather that Sinn makes, but those go more on the 103 than the 104 I think...)

Thanks well I do have to pick one option lol.

So the bracelet is nice? I hear they don't make very good bracelets.
    GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

Quote Originally Posted by Earthjade View Post
    I always go bracelet on a big purchase like this. To me, the bracelet is part of the watch experience. H-Link or fine link, both are OK.
    Always easier to get a 3rd party strap if you feel like it but costs considerably more to buy an official bracelet after the fact and 3rd party barcelets are a lot more hit and miss than third party leather, rubber or suede straps.

In short, pay a little more and get the bracelet.
    Not always. When I bought my 103 it was a better deal to buy it on strap and get the bracelet separately. Only about $50 AUD more to get the strap version + H-Link than to buy it on H-Link alone. Best to double check.

That said, I really don't like the Vintage Brown Sinn strap that I picked. It's super thick and uncomfortable, so much so that I've not worn it enough to break it in. I'd avoid it personally, it's the most uncomfortable strap I've ever owned.

I love the “cowhide in Vintage-Style; dark brown, contrasting seam white” that my 104 came on. Took a while to break it in, but now that it is, it’s supremely comfortable and looks awesome.

I’m normally a bracelet guy, but I tried the h-link, and it just didn’t do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ottertail View Post
    I love the “cowhide in Vintage-Style; dark brown, contrasting seam white” that my 104 came on. Took a while to break it in, but now that it is, it’s supremely comfortable and looks awesome.

I’m normally a bracelet guy, but I tried the h-link, and it just didn’t do it for me.

This guy shown here