T1 v T2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: T1 v T2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question T1 v T2

I was looking at this thread about blue vs black T1s and was wondering if any of you had to make similar choices between the T1 and the T2- not so much because of the color, but because of dial size.

I've only seen them at WB road shows in the past and remember liking the T2 but thinking, oh my other divers were at least 43mm and wanting the bigger model. I guess I'm leaning towards the slightly smaller T2 but want to make sure I won't regret the choice. Have any of you had a similar dilemma?

In the past if you talked about getting a 42mm PAM everyone would say you were crazy. Only 44mm or 47mm is a true Panerai.

Now, the 42mm models are very popular and everyone wants smaller.

If you like the T2 you should get it. I would personally get the T2. I wish the U1 came in 42mm.

Re: T1 v T2

That could be a tough decision especially at that price . Id just try to compare a watch you already have with similar widths and AOL lug length and guesstimate which size is best based on your wrist size.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only in my head because I own neither of them yet but decided on then T2 owing to my somewhat small wrist size.

I have a UX and I love it but it's beefy. I have been considering selling it and going to the T2 which would be the perfect size and weight for me.

If you've actually seen the watches in the flesh and prefer the T2 I'd say definitely go with it.
    eltejano likes this.

I would go with the T2 personally but it all really comes down to what sizes you prefer.... I think the more common opinion will be T2 for what it's worth...
    ChronoSage and eltejano like this.

The T1 is going to be slightly thinner while being 4 mm larger in diameter. With cuffs this small difference could matter to you.
    Also, the strap width on the T2 is 20mm vs the T1 at 22mm. This may not matter at all, but some aftermarket straps may not be available in one size or the other.

You can change shirt cuff size. Watch diameter and what is fashionable is going to change over time.
    Even the weight of both watches can be tweaked with a different band. Really the most un-changable factor is your wrist size.
    I went with the T1.

This thread needs photos

I just pulled these off FB.... not my photos

I went to the Irvine Roadshow last November and to me the T2 seemed very small on my 7 1/4” wrist. The T1/T1B is definitely more to my liking

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    DaveandStu, eltejano and gaopa like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

I like the T2, hopefully can add one in 2019 to my collection
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS
    wishlist: Damasko DA38, DH1.0 , Stowa Baumuster B, Flieger A,

I have a 6.75 inch wrist and the T2B fits wonderfully but I’m not into anything later than 41mm. It’s super light weight/easy to wear. I’d say if you can pull off the larger size T1, go for it otherwise the T2 should work.

michael_m, gaopa and Spring-Diver like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information