T1 vs U1
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: T1 vs U1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T1 vs U1

I'm planning on buying one of these in the near future but for the life of me, I can't make up my mind.
    I'd buy the fully tegimented version of the U1 so take that into consideration.
    Also, let's assume I can afford both so cost isn't a factor.
    I'd love to hear from those of you who own one or the other, or both.
    Most importantly, how comfy is that thick heavy chunk of steel (the U1).
    I'm just assuming the T1 has the edge in this respect.
    How do they look on the wrist? Which looks nicer? Yeah, this is totally subjective, but I still wanna hear your opinion.
    So, what else can you tell me, pro or con of either watch, that would help to make my decision easier.
    Thanks all.

Re: T1 vs U1

I can only speak to a whopping eight days of U1-T ownership, but the weight and diameter aren't noticeable. It did take me a few days to get used to the height / thickness. The color of the tegimented steel is perhaps a shade darker than titanium. My wrist is 7.25", and now I know what the term "wears small" means - it doesn't appear oversized at all. From a purely stylistic perspective, I prefer the Bauhaus design of the U1. Sorry that I can't compare it to the T1!
    OneEyeMan and JacobC like this.

I have owned the U1, sold it and now have a T1.

The U1 does wear small in it's diameter. However, i found the height to be difficult with most of my long sleeve shirts.
    Also, the weight together with the height seemed to make the watch top heavy for me. On my wrist, I could not enjoy wearing with any strap except the rubber.
    The U1 rotated to much to be comfortable. It needed the rubber strap pulled fairly tight.

The T1 is comfortable all day. The height still makes some long sleeves tight, but fits many more than the U1. The weight does not rotate much at all.
    I get the same "wears smaller" with the T1. Being just under 7.5 inch wrist, I have never wished it to be smaller. I wear a Isofrane rubber-band and really like it.
    It can be worn with NATO style strap much easier than the U1......at least on my wrist shape and size.

This is my 2 cents.
    OneEyeMan, Jay46 and BrianMcKay like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I can only speak for the U1 a great watch. And personally why by a diver and wear it under a sleaze.
    OneEyeMan and RagnarsHeir like this.

The U1 is no lightweight but it wears very nicely on even smaller wrists. Can’t speak for the T1 but the U1 is a great watch.

Banned

I used to have the U1, I think it is a great watch. Chunky but I loved how it looked on my wrist. I think you should try both of them that way, you would be able to choose the one you like the most.
    BrianMcKay likes this.

Banned
    U1 all the way.

I have the U1 “NYPD Limited Edition” #53 of 100 with no date. The watch wears small on the wrist, the rubber strap is of very high quality and wears very well. Works great in warm climates since I wear the watch on the slightly loose side, no sweating, no irritation etc. The watch is very legible with the uncluttered dial, the submarine grade steel makes this watch exceptionally durable...its built like a tank, or should i say an Ohio Class Submarine. This watch is a keeper in my collection. Although this version of the U1 is no longer available new...I would highly suggest getting a U1 if you are on the fence. Good luck with your choice!
    OneEyeMan and BrianMcKay like this.

I have the U1 “NYPD Limited Edition” #53 of 100 with no date. The watch wears small on the wrist, the rubber strap is of very high quality and wears very well. Works great in warm climates since I wear the watch on the slightly loose side, no sweating, no irritation etc. The watch is very legible with the uncluttered dial, the submarine grade steel makes this watch exceptionally durable...its built like a tank, or should i say an Ohio Class Submarine. This watch is a keeper in my collection. Although this version of the U1 is no longer available new...I would highly suggest getting a U1 if you are on the fence. Good luck with your choice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information