T2 B vs U1 B
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: T2 B vs U1 B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question T2 B vs U1 B

Picked up a Sinn T2B a few months ago and love the size, dial, etc. The blue is striking, and I liked that it appears to be a very versatile diver. Looks great casual or dressed up.
    Now I see they just came out with the U1 also in blue. That thing looks awesome. Now I'm not sure which one I like better, and it seems somewhat silly to own two nearly identical Sinn's.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Thought I'd get everyone's opinion on these two.

For comparison (from WatchBuys):

Spring-Diver likes this.

Re: T2 B vs U1 B

Ok, my big question about the T2 is how the titanium does with dings, scratches, etc. I have a ring made out of 6-6-2 titanium that was brushed in the center, and polished on the sides. The whole thing got scuffed to the point that the whole thing looks lightly brushed.

Sinn does not (as far as I could see) report what titanium or titanium alloy they are using. The 6-6-2 (aircraft grade) is supposed to be tougher and more resistant to wear. I assume that is what they are using... But even if so, I would prefer steel, particularly regimented steel under most circumstances.

However...

If you don't care about the watch getting nicked up, and you are doing physically strenuous work, I can imagine that the weight savings of the TI would make sense. My 2 cents.
    drthmaul likes this.

What I want to know is if I can order the blue dial fully tegimented on bracelet
    gaopa and Spring-Diver like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My T1 is wore everyday. I call myself farmerboy because I live out in the country and farm.
    The watch is never babied but I don't do engine mechanics with it on either.

I have seen posts on this forum of people posting pictures under high magnification of a tiny scratch that would never be seen in real life by human eyes.
    With just my eyeballs my T1 is still a clean unmarred watch. It has has some marks just as any metal watch would, but no more than most stainless watches would.
    The finest stainless bracelets made get rub marks from wearing at a desk doing paper work.

The T2 should be fine as far as being scratched and dinged. The back of the T1 is marked titan/grade 5. Titan is German for titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
    My T1 is wore everyday. I call myself farmerboy because I live out in the country and farm.
    The watch is never babied but I don't do engine mechanics with it on either.

I have seen posts on this forum of people posting pictures under high magnification of a tiny scratch that would never be seen in real life by human eyes.
    With just my eyeballs my T1 is still a clean unmarred watch. It has has some marks just as any metal watch would, but no more than most stainless watches would.
    The finest stainless bracelets made get rub marks from wearing at a desk doing paper work.

The T2 should be fine as far as being scratched and dinged. The back of the T1 is marked titan/grade 5. Titan is German for titanium.
    Ok, grade 5 is aircraft 6-4 grade alloy, somewhat softer than 6-6-2. Here is the description:

Titanium 6/4 consists of 90% titanium, 6% aluminum, 4% vanadium. This alloy has a tensile strength of up to 150,000 psi and a Brinell hardness value of 330.
    drthmaul and SMP_DON like this.

I think I like the traditional Sinn hands on the U1, but having worn the T2 (and seen the different colors lume) I have come to really like the arrow hand.

My vote would be T2 B all the way...... which is great because that's what you already did
    drthmaul likes this.

The T1/T2 are Grade 5 titanium... bezel, case/ case back & crown. The bezel has been tegimented. The titanium has held up great with zero scratches. Plus I’m the 5th owner of the T1 B in less than 13 months!

Keep the T2 and add the U1 B. I own a T1 & T1 B and a U1 Professional. I definitely plan to add a U1 B as soon as a fully tegimented version is available.

Wearing my T1B as I type this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drthmaul and Scout like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Keep the T2 and add the U1 ASAP. Nearly identical? They’re both blue and made by Sinn and that’s about it IMO.

Yes, there may be only one way to resolve this dilemma...
    drthmaul likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information