Tegiment Steel bracelet question

Thread: Tegiment Steel bracelet question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tegiment Steel bracelet question

Leather straps are relatively inexpensive to replace for a watch designed for heavy activity.

I am considering adding to the 856 the tegimented steel bracelet and wondering how it stands up to day-to-day scratching, desk dives, and under somewhat harsh conditions that would put it under stress.

Are all the links solid, and how scratch resistant is the tegimented bracelet?

The watch case has an indestructable feel to it.

Yes...I very much enjoy the Sinn

Re: Tegiment Steel bracelet question

all links are solid. if you didn't scratch the tegimented case, doubt the bracelet will get scratched either unless it takes a hard hit. I'll let you know when mine arrives.

Sean,
    Being the patient shopper I am , I went ahead and ordered the tegiment matching bracelet just now.

There might be more comments posted (hopefully), but I think I'll be able to have them all answered myself Thursday when FedEx makes the delivery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have some scratches on my teg bracelet for my 757. Most of them are swirl marks on the clasp and one ding on a link. Still pretty tough though.
    I have too many watches.....

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Leather straps are relatively inexpensive to replace for a watch designed for heavy activity.

I am considering adding to the 856 the tegimented steel bracelet and wondering how it stands up to day-to-day scratching, desk dives, and under somewhat harsh conditions that would put it under stress.

Are all the links solid, and how scratch resistant is the tegimented bracelet?

The watch case has an indestructable feel to it.

Yes...I very much enjoy the Sinn

My 757 tegimented bracelet still looks like new, even if it was one of the first delivered about 11 months ago.

Mind you, I don't wear the watch every day; but when you buy a bracelet in Frankfurt at the factory and ask how durable tegimented bracelets are, they invite you to try to scratch a tegimented watch case that they keep for this purpose with a nail.

Despite my efforts, I could not scratch the case and as they had kept the case around for a while, other must have tried as well. But you couldn't tell from the surface of the case. The nail was somewhat bent though after all the efforts.

Tegimented bracelets and watch cases seem to keep their promise. Keep in mind though that tegimentation makes steel more scratchproof; it is not a protection against vertical impacts ("dings"), so if you drop the watch or case vertically on a floor or any hard pointed object, you should still expect marks.

As far as the daily scuff marks are concerned though, I still have to find the first ones on mine.

The bracelet is extremely well constructed, solid links held together with hex (Allen) screws and they even provide you with a tool and locking fluid if you need to remove a link. I was extremely impressed and while I had always thought that Breitling had among the best bracelets in the market despite the premium they charge, the tegimented 757 bracelet compares favourably with the much more expensive Breitling product.

If anything, the Sinn bracelet is too solid; it is generously sized and if you are more used to titanium watches, or watches on straps, the added weight is noticeable.

K.
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; June 4th, 2008 at 10:38. Reason: note about bracelet construction

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Kurt,
    This is exactly the information I am looking for. Thank you. I have a Stowa Seatime, so weight is something I appreciate in a watch of this sort. Titanium is light which has its charm, and I enjoy wearing the titanium watch in my diminutive collection.

The Sinn strap was just not cutting it for me, so I thought the matching bracelet would put that watch exactly as I'd like it.

I bought the tegimented bracelet today a few hours after posting this question, so it should be delivered on Thursday. Yes, shopping is not something for which I have much patience, especially when there's only one source and the decision's been made.

I know the case is very scratch-proof and I am glad to know the bracelet is much the same. I am glad I went ahead and purchased the thing and you confirmed your bracelet has virtually no marks after normal, every day use.

This watch will get worn in active environments, but nothing abusive, so I suspect the bracelet will help keep a fresh appearance for years to come.

I appreciate your comments and insight.

Thanks again, again

Glen

my 756 tegimented arrived yesterday. the watch is much darker than the 657 and sinn u1. I can't compare it to the 144 because it has a shinier surface. I think the color of the tegiment looks great. I'll get up a pic of them to show the different finishes.

That's be excellent! Thank you

I bought a new 857 a few weeks ago.Whne I opened up the watch, upon close inspection the bracelet had a small ding on the corner on one of the links. I contacted my AD and they sent out a new bracelet right away with no problem. The ding was on a link with no allen screw so the whole side of the bracelet(first 4 links) were replaced. I can say that I am very happy with this watch though. The color of the tegiment is impressive and after replacing the bracelet and wearing it I have no marks on it yet. Even after struggling to get the new links on...as it is a very tight fit to attach the bracelet to the case. As far as the weight...I like my watches to be heavy...so if weight is an issue for people, keep in mind this is a heavy watch

The tegimented bracelet showed up yesterday. I removed the leather strap, installed the bracelet on the 856 and it is a perfect fit/color. It uses single, solid screws for the links, no allen type screws.

It gives the watch a very nice weight and feel - very comfortable and really not that heavy - it's lightweight compared the Stowa Seatime
    Last edited by inlanding; June 5th, 2008 at 20:11.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information