Thoughts on Sinn 104 ST SA G LE
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By rdranade
  • 3 Post By PetrosD
  • 1 Post By Zaboomer
  • 1 Post By PetrosD

Thread: Thoughts on Sinn 104 ST SA G LE

Thoughts on Sinn 104 ST SA G LE

Hi All, I am an owner of the Sinn 104 ST SA G LE that came out last year and I adore the watch.

In light of the release of the 104 ST SA A B E by Sinn a couple of days ago with the blue dial/bezel and faux aged loom, I was curious on people's opinions of the green version. I had been giving some thought to selling my 104 to fund another grail, but am afraid I'd never be able to obtain one again, with prices having shot up in the examples I am seeing for sale now. It also seems that while additional 104 LEs are likely, they may be more plentiful in number and contain Selitta movements in lieu of the eta in the green version.

Does the green dial variant seem likely to become a desired/collectible version? Thanks for any responses.

Re: Thoughts on Sinn 104 ST SA G LE

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Shame they’re using the Selitta and not an ETA. I’ve owned two 104s and both had serious movement issues. Never again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    Shame they’re using the Selitta and not an ETA. I’ve owned two 104s and both had serious movement issues. Never again
    Also I definitely didn’t read your whole post. I thought you were asking about opinions on the new one that got released. The green one is awesome AND it has the ETA. Definitely get it :)
    jh225 likes this.

I have a green 104 that I purchased pre-owned from a WUS member. I paid a bit more than the original Watchbuys retail, but really wanted this variant. I'm seeing prices much higher now as well.

You can never know if a watch will appreciate in value, although it's a moot point for me as I never plan to sell it. Mine is 1 of 500 that's out of circulation, and who knows how many other owners feel the same way and will never sell theirs.

If you love it, keep it. If you're on the fence but think you'll regret selling it, keep it as least for now. Replacing it in the future might be difficult or expensive.

I just love how mine plays with the light, and can look almost black to a vibrant green. It's the best green dial I've ever seen.
    Pilot2, Grimlock_1 and deepsea03 like this.

Yeah, I am leaning toward hanging onto it. It is beautiful and beating my explorer II in performance. Also doesn't hurt that it's my wife's favorite :).

I had owned the black version with index dial previously, but ran into an issue where a handful of dust particles appeared on the movement and face of the watch, so ultimately got rid of that one. No complaints so far with the green, not sure if the eta is the difference maker there though.

Name:  104.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1.85 MB
    deepsea03 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaboomer View Post
    Yeah, I am leaning toward hanging onto it. It is beautiful and beating my explorer II in performance. Also doesn't hurt that it's my wife's favorite :).

I had owned the black version with index dial previously, but ran into an issue where a handful of dust particles appeared on the movement and face of the watch, so ultimately got rid of that one. No complaints so far with the green, not sure if the eta is the difference maker there though.

Name:  104.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1.85 MB
    I have several watches with Sellita movements, including a pair of CW Trident divers, and I have no issues with the movement. They're accurate and run without issue. Dust particles appearing would either indicate that particles are being created by movement friction, creating small shards, or case infiltration, which would be on Sinn and not Sellita. Not good in either case. I sure hope mine is worry free for years to come.
    deepsea03 likes this.

Thread Information