U series Straps/Bracelets and small wrists?

Thread: U series Straps/Bracelets and small wrists?

Question U series Straps/Bracelets and small wrists?

Hey guys,

This is my first new post here. Although I could have swore I was a memeber a year or so ago. But, I've got the Sinn bug again and I need your help.

I have relatively small wrists (6.25" snug and 6.5" loose). I have a U1 inbound in a couple of weeks and I'm concerned about sizing the rubber strap. I've heard that the standard clasp will let me get down to about 6.5". If I want to go smaller, I should consider getting the smaller deployant clasp. Is this correct?

If I try cutting the rubber strap to fit with the standard clasp will it leave me with enough to mount the smaller clasp later? I'd hate to cut it up trying it just to find out that I don't have enough material to fit the smaller clasp.

I would consider either swaping out to the leather strap or bracelet, but am I going to run into the same problem? I have a 356 with both the bracelet and Sinn leather strap. The bracelet is sized to fit me well. The leather strap has an aftermarket deployant clasp (I can't remember the brand) and is installed on the smallest hole. Yet, it's still a little loose for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I still wear it. It just think about it at times.

Who else has small wrists and what strap or bracelet are you running? Thanks for your help!

Re: U series Straps/Bracelets and small wrists?

i have a u2 sized to 6.75" on the standard rubber strap. looking at the rubber, you would be able to size it down another ~3/8" of an inch which would be borderline for you.

the bracelet would size down for you, but if you want to wear the strap, you would have to use the smaller deployant clasp. i've never seen it but it appears to be a butterfly deployant...i don't think there is a diver's extension on that deployant (if it matters to you). i would not attempt to size the strap using the regular deployant. as you said, you might wind up cutting too much off it and it would wind up being too short for the smaller deployant.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I have relatively small wrists (6.25" snug and 6.5" loose). I have a U1 inbound in a couple of weeks and I'm concerned about sizing the rubber strap. I've heard that the standard clasp will let me get down to about 6.5". If I want to go smaller, I should consider getting the smaller deployant clasp. Is this correct?

If I try cutting the rubber strap to fit with the standard clasp will it leave me with enough to mount the smaller clasp later? I'd hate to cut it up trying it just to find out that I don't have enough material to fit the smaller clasp.

I would consider either swaping out to the leather strap or bracelet, but am I going to run into the same problem? I have a 356 with both the bracelet and Sinn leather strap. The bracelet is sized to fit me well. The leather strap has an aftermarket deployant clasp (I can't remember the brand) and is installed on the smallest hole. Yet, it's still a little loose for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I still wear it. It just think about it at times.

Who else has small wrists and what strap or bracelet are you running? Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I have very small wrists (17 cm) and I asked 3 weeks ago the SINN technical support at Rödelheim ref. the small butterfly clasp. The man answer to me:

He doesend know any people, thats not fit the regular bright original clasp from U1 / U2. An another stuff - a very small woman - has "children wrists" and she has no probs with the original rubber strap. Ok, the U2 hungs over the wrist, but she love it.

For my small wrist: After second hand buying I have to remove one piece from the rubber and the watch fits perfect - now I have a reserve of 3 pieces with holes.

I think, you can try it (to cut) its not a risk, the rubber will be fits.

cheers
    U2inSpe

Rubber is the best at hot weather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had a U1 and a UX on rubberstraps. I have the same wristsize and had to cut the strap to the maximum but than it did fit very well, even with the big clasp.

So don't worry, I'm sure it will fit.

Cheers,
    Jos

Thread Information