U1: Adjusting the Rubber Strap - How to?

Thread: U1: Adjusting the Rubber Strap - How to?

U1: Adjusting the Rubber Strap - How to?

Hi all,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival today of my first Sinn - a U1 - for which I am quite excited.

I'm fairly certain I'll need to adjust the rubber strip to fit my wrist.

Is anyone aware of any Tutorial / How To guide for carefully and successfully accomplishing this adjustment? Or, does anyone care to provide me with instructions?

Thanks much.

I am very psyched.

Re: U1: Adjusting the Rubber Strap - How to?

Received my U1 today - used off of the Bay for a great price w/all original materials, cards (2006), etc. It shows some signs of wear/love (small scratch on the crystal, a few small nicks on the case), but it is still quite a sexy beast.

Figured out how to adjust the strap myself.

What a sweet watch. I'm planning on this being my daily tool - I'm a pediatric dentist, so my hands/wrists are busier than simple desk-diving.

Will be interesting to see if or when I might want to try out the bracelet (the rubber strap is awfully comfortable and esthetically pleasing).

Is there only one Sinn bracelet option for the U1?

Thanks.

Banned

Perfect watch for you, in case the lovely children you treat decide to bite your wrist!
    The bezel is hardened, so no teethmarks will show!!
    Will you wear your gloves over the watch? Or stopping just short of the watch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll wear it just short of the watch and the watch may be covered by the sleeve cuff of my scrub jacket.

By the way, what is the safest/best way to clean the watch face of streaks and oily/dirty smudges?

Thanks, Janne.

i too would like to know this, just receive a U1 with rubber strap from a forum member in great condition (thanks mark!), however, there are four bars (i assume spring bars) near the clasp and one of them keeps popping out halfway if i move too vigorously, is that normal?

those molded in bars are usually pretty tight. They are there to form the cavity for a spring bar to be used, when the strap is sized.
    If they bother you, just remove them.
    DW

i see thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    those molded in bars are usually pretty tight. They are there to form the cavity for a spring bar to be used, when the strap is sized.
    If they bother you, just remove them.
    DW

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lippy View Post
    I'll wear it just short of the watch and the watch may be covered by the sleeve cuff of my scrub jacket.
    I only wear short sleeved "scrubs". I like to show my muscular, hairy forearms, and the watch I wear on that day!

[/quote=Lippy] By the way, what is the safest/best way to clean the watch face of streaks and oily/dirty smudges?[/quote]

Saline solution works best on blood.
    Soap and water on the rest. And I dry the crystal on the scrubs (100% cotton)

Not that you asked, but be careful, the Sinn buckle (for the rubber) leaves a nasty mark on the patients face if you press it against the face (too hard). Seriously!

Thanks for the advice, Janne.

I've noticed a couple of slight, but noticeable (in the right light) scratches on the crystal, and some small but noticeable scratches on the bevel of the bezel just above the trainglular lume piece, despite the tegimentation. I'm the third owner of this two-year old watch.

Can't decide if I should send it in for a new crystal or just relax and let it be my everyday tool, which will take some daily abuse through regular love and wear.

Incidentally, Janne, how accurate have you found your Sinn to be?

Thread Information