U1 comparison please?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExMachina

Thread: U1 comparison please?

U1 comparison please?

I think this is my first post in the Sinn forum. Anyhow, I thought I was tired of heavy watches but find myself strongly drawn to the U1 fully tegimented . I have never seen one in person so I was hoping at least one of you might be able to help me out by comparing it to a Seiko Sumo.

I own two Sumos. One on the original Seiko bracelet and one on a Yobokies Anvil. I'm hoping some of you have both an U1 on bracelet and a Sumo on one of the bracelets I have and could tell me, how do the watches compare weight wise and comfort wise ?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
    Last edited by Schmiedel; November 29th, 2013 at 17:42.

Re: U1 comparison please?

I don't have pictures of how both look on my wrist, but I can definitly say there's a world between those two watches.

I won't anything bad about the Sumo, it is a great watch, especially for this price.
    Diver200 or Marinemaster 300 are rugged Seiko watches, Sumo, is a more like an everyday dive watch. It wear big but comfortable, not so heavy, shiny but not too much, looks great.

The U1 is a true dive watch, design for that purpose: highly legible and rugged.
    As a result, Sinn designers did no less than a nuke-proof watch (or almost). Legibility is great but you have to like simple/clean designs. Not shiny at all, no fantastic movement, a bit heavy, but a very reliable watch, confortable on a 17/18cm wrist.

Those 2 watches are good designs from my point of view, but not they don't aim at the same target.

U1 is the tough one, Sumo is an everyday diver style watch that can be at ease in an office or at the beach.

Thanks grinhu. Do you find one more comfortable to wear than the other?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own both and, while I wear neither on a bracelet, I can say that the U1 on silicone wears better than the Sumo on a Zulu. I also feel like the U1 wears slightly smaller (even though it is in fact, larger)
    Dennis Smith likes this.

Thread Information