U1 and EZM 1

Thread: U1 and EZM 1

U1 and EZM 1

Hi

Has anyone got a photo of an EZM 1 (or 2,3) next to a U1?

Just want to see how they look together size-wise.

U1 is it reliable generally? I've seen the ownership threads but I get so confused between the different U models and generally everyone seems to gush about them. But the big issue is the g/r coating on the sapphire? Is that the main issue?

I'm toying with the idea of going for the U1 or spending more and getting a Rolex sub. I'll be keep my EZM 1 and flipping my 156 to raise some cash.

The photo will help me decide.

Cheers David

Re: U1 and EZM 1

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCassell View Post
    Hi

Has anyone got a photo of an EZM 1 (or 2,3) next to a U1?

Just want to see how they look together size-wise.

U1 is it reliable generally? I've seen the ownership threads but I get so confused between the different U models and generally everyone seems to gush about them. But the big issue is the g/r coating on the sapphire? Is that the main issue?

I'm toying with the idea of going for the U1 or spending more and getting a Rolex sub. I'll be keep my EZM 1 and flipping my 156 to raise some cash.

The photo will help me decide.

Cheers David
    Hi David, here's an EZM 3 sidy-by-side with an UX:
    Mostly divers.

IMO, the U1 is the most reliable/trouble free of the U series watches. BTW, that's not a slam to the U2 or UX...

I know you're in England, but those of us in the US, the U1 has something going for it the U2 or UX do not. The U1 is the only one of the U series that can be serviced in the US. I like being able to get my Sinns (I also have a 103 St Sa) serviced in the US!
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks very much Onkel C and L.O. Little, I appreciate your help.

After I made a slight bit of damage to my 156's case (accident with a pair of scissors) I checked with Sinn and they said they could repair the case. I checked with Neil @ Chronomaster as to the value of my 156 now and in mint condition again and the difference in value was pretty much the cost of repairing the case. So that gets me thinking do I need the hassle? I've now got two Sinn's that need to go to Germany (my EZM 1 really should have a service) and the thought of it fills me with dread!!! Bearing in mind I've had to send an EZM 3 to Sinn a number of times, and my 356 was stolen intransit to Sinn...so I'm a little weary with it.

But the ease that the 156 case damaged pushed me again towards U boat steel. The U1 is the watch that "does it for me" in the U series, well perhaps I like the U1000 more, but that is too much of a beast for me.

Regarding the Rolex sub that I mentioned - yes I might do that instead, but for different reasons, partly the hassle of sending Sinns to Germany for the service or repair - and Rolexs I've had before have been pretty tough. We'll see - complicates life being a watchaholic isn't it?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers David

Thread Information