U1 home from RGM

Thread: U1 home from RGM

U1 home from RGM

Got my U1 back from RGM and i can finally post pics of it. The writeup said that they replaced the case clamp. Does anyone know what that is? The gentleman at RGM said it was defected so it must've been like when it was shipped.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

BLUE SKIES!

Re: U1 home from RGM

Nathan - Glad to hear it worked out ok. It doesn't seem like it took that long either. Enjoy your watch. :)

Best Regards,

Colin

Congrats! No idea what a case clamp is, Yamahaki will, though.. Either way, you now have a new one!!
    Respectfully,
    Paul

"Charlie didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry, no idea what a case clamp is...

Just curious, how long did RGM have your U1? They've had mine since August 1, still waiting for an estimate (for a simple regulation).
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

Since you originally posted that your U1 wasn't holding a power reserve, I'm guessing the "case clamp" is the movement holder. It was probably deformed or something and preventing the rotor from spinning freely, if thats even possible.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thanks all for the kind words! And Little they had from 7/22-8/14(about 3 weeks or so), but dont forget i picked it up from them in person so it would've been a few days longer if i let it get sent home. Why not give them a call and ask what's up with your watch?
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

BLUE SKIES!

case clamps indeed hold the movement in place, I once received a watch with one of the case clamps unsecured.

Watches have two- three usually. some movements need to be rotated to remove from the clamps...Rolex comes to mind.

Sounds like all is well...that's great!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Quote Originally Posted by ohnedich6 View Post
    And Little they had from 7/22-8/14(about 3 weeks or so), but dont forget i picked it up from them in person so it would've been a few days longer if i let it get sent home. Why not give them a call and ask what's up with your watch?
    I've called RGM twice so far... I'll probably call them again tomorrow.
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

Quote Originally Posted by L.O. Little View Post
    I've called RGM twice so far... I'll probably call them again tomorrow.
    Called RGM, they said it could take another 2 weeks. IMO, that's a long time for a simple regulation...

I guess it has to do with how busy the repair shop is, at the moment. If there are 40 jobs in front of yours, it will still take time to fix all 40 of those before they get to you, even if your repair is simple.
    Some shops have an expedited repair fee if you need it back quickly.
    DW

Thread Information