U1 mimimum acceptable power reserve?

Thread: U1 mimimum acceptable power reserve?

U1 mimimum acceptable power reserve?

U1 owners,
    What is your observed power reserve, and what at what point would you think there is something amiss?

From my observations (and using the assumption that wearing the U1 all day long would result in a fully wound condition), my power reserve is roughly 24 hours, and quite often less. This past weekend, the watch went dead after less than 16 hours after it had been worn for a full day. I believe the advertised power reserve is 32 hours, but I don't think my watch would ever last that long.

Re: U1 mimimum acceptable power reserve?

You should be getting about 40 hours (a bit less if your U1 has the Sellita movement). Rather than assume it's fully wound, why not hand wind it all the way to ensure that it's fully wound then test the power reserve. If that's fine, then either you don't move around enough during the day or there's a problem with the automatic winding system.

I should mention that I also wear a Sinn 103 that I alternate with the U1, and I treat both watch the same in terms of daily activity and storage. The 103 never fails to keep a 36-hour reserve under quite similar conditions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would suggest conducting the simple experiment above before sending it in.

If you're already convinced that there is a problem, then go ahead and send it in. A 24 hour power reserve for a U1 is way below the expected ~40 hour time.

Quote Originally Posted by mbntx View Post
    using the assumption that wearing the U1 all day long would result in a fully wound condition
    This is not the case, you'd have to handwind a 2824 to achieve a fully wound condition.
    Last edited by David Woo; July 31st, 2013 at 23:14.

Well...I stand corrected. My assumptions were (thankfully) incorrect.

Last week, I hand-wound my U1 40 times, and then let it sit to check on power reserve. Lo and behold, it ran for a little over 37 hours before coming to a stop. I can certainly live with that. My U1 was just never fully wound by daily wearing. In this case, it acts differently than my 103, which will last 36 hours easy if I just wear it on my wrist without hand-winding.

My faith has been restored. :)

When not wearing my U1 it is on a watch winder. By having it on a winder it is always ready to go when I put it on.
    Cheers, Bill P.

Inactive

Originally Posted by mbntx

using the assumption that wearing the U1 all day long would result in a fully wound condition
    This is not the case, you'd have to handwind a 2824 to achieve a fully wound condition.
    Yeah, where it sits in the fully wound stakes depends on the activity of that particular wearer

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    Yeah, where it sits in the fully wound stakes depends on the activity of that particular wearer
    Calling me lazy?
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mbntx View Post
    U1 owners,
    What is your observed power reserve, and what at what point would you think there is something amiss?

From my observations (and using the assumption that wearing the U1 all day long would result in a fully wound condition), my power reserve is roughly 24 hours, and quite often less. This past weekend, the watch went dead after less than 16 hours after it had been worn for a full day. I believe the advertised power reserve is 32 hours, but I don't think my watch would ever last that long.
    This is why there is the UX!
    Too many flipped...

Thread Information