U1 rubber strap in the U.S.?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: U1 rubber strap in the U.S.?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

U1 rubber strap in the U.S.?

Hello,
    I am on the hunt for a rubber replacement strap for my U1. I am in North America, and need only the strap, my sinn buckle is in great shape.

Page and Cooper won't ship Sinn to the U.S.

Watch Buys, is perfectly willing to sell me a strap and buckle for the bargain price of $250-$350, but I only need the strap. They are unwilling to sell only a strap, saying they have none separate in stock to sell. (which I find to be B.S., but in line with their usual "customer service" reputation)

Is there ANYONE else who will sell me a strap in the U.S.? Admittedly I have not tried Sinn direct, mostly because I have heard their shipping charges are tough to swallow.

Thanks

Re: U1 rubber strap in the U.S.?

Unless you find a private seller, WatchBuys is the only source in the USA. Maybe post a WTB ad or frequently check the auction sites.

Maybe a buddie here on the board can purchase one for you in person; We seem to have members going there every few months. I wish there was a trustable "Shopping list" here where members can put their miscellaneous needs on for the next person travelling there.

Thanks, I guess a WTB is the next step. Incredibly frustrating that watch buys is the only US source. The bad taste in my mouth from the service experience I just recieved from them has made me determined to find a different place to get a strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably numb View Post
    Is there ANYONE else who will sell me a strap in the U.S.?
    What size wrist do you have? Also, are you using the small butterfly clasp or large deployant (assuming it's the latter of the two)?
    Last edited by freeman4ever; May 5th, 2015 at 23:34. Reason: adding question mark

Large deployant, wrist is a little over 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably numb View Post
    Large deployant, wrist is a little over 7.5
    Bummer. I have one cut for a 7.25" wrist.

I have had nothing but great service from WatchBuys. I find it ridiculous that you would expect them to separate a strap from the clasp just to sell you a strap. It's pretty clear, you can either buy a complete strap with clasp or you can buy a clasp. That would be like going to Ford, GM or Chrysler and asking them to sell you one of their cars sans the engine because you have your own engine that you want to put in it.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    I have had nothing but great service from WatchBuys. I find it ridiculous that you would expect them to separate a strap from the clasp just to sell you a strap. It's pretty clear, you can either buy a complete strap with clasp or you can buy a clasp. That would be like going to Ford, GM or Chrysler and asking them to sell you one of their cars sans the engine because you have your own engine that you want to put in it.
    Other WUSer's have reported being able to buy just the strap from WB in the past ($130 in 2006 dollars).

Saleen had V6 Mustangs drop-shipped from Ford, only to disassemble them and drop in their own motor and suspension for their S351. Granted, they did have to buy the entire V6 from Ford only to trash the entire drivetrain, so I guess your "that would be like..." example still holds true...but...just saying... :) Makes me wonder if any of the auto manufacturers ever sold rolling chassis to anyone before? Guess that's another topic...for another forum?! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by freeman4ever View Post
    Other WUSer's have reported being able to buy just the strap from WB in the past ($130 in 2006 dollars).

Saleen had V6 Mustangs drop-shipped from Ford, only to disassemble them and drop in their own motor and suspension for their S351. Granted, they did have to buy the entire V6 from Ford only to trash the entire drivetrain, so I guess your "that would be like..." example still holds true...but...just saying... :) Makes me wonder if any of the auto manufacturers ever sold rolling chassis to anyone before? Guess that's another topic...for another forum?! ;)
    Well...neither company rolls that way now. I can see it now, WB sells only the strap to a number of folk leaving them with clasps that they are unable to sell because Sinn doesn't allow a clasp to be sold unless they are packaged that way from Sinn.

Umm, WB? I'd like to buy a Sinn U1...but only watch head. Yeah... I've got my own strap that I really like and am not really all that excited about the strap that comes on the watch.

Or,

Hey, WB, do you think you can sell me only the left side of the strap? Yeah, that's right...only the left side. Why? Oh, I cut the left side of my strap too short and it doesn't fit right now. Sure...we'll get right on that.

That's a great business strategy.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Umm, WB? I'd like to buy a Sinn U1...but only watch head. Yeah... I've got my own strap that I really like and am not really all that excited about the strap that comes on the watch.
    I bet Matt has had that conversation with a customer already. :)

I hope WB still has the strap-only option, and that they are just out of strap-only inventory. I wanted to try out their green strap, but if I have to pay for another clasp too, they aren't getting any cheddar from me (at least for rubber straps).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information