U1 or UX GSG9?

Thread: U1 or UX GSG9?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member tpr261's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    16

    U1 or UX GSG9?

    I have finally liquidated enough of my collection to be able to Sinn. Thing is, I'm torn between the U1 and the UX GSG9 model. Any input? Also, do any of you know what the battery replacement cost is on the UX once it's out of warranty? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
    Garrett

  2. #2
    Member energyarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In XXXXXXX_XXXXXXX
    Posts
    905

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Quote Originally Posted by tpr261 View Post
    I have finally liquidated enough of my collection to be able to Sinn. Thing is, I'm torn between the U1 and the UX GSG9 model. Any input? Also, do any of you know what the battery replacement cost is on the UX once it's out of warranty? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
    Garrett


    It comes down too, do you want Quartz (oil filled) vs Automatic.
    Both watches have Sub steel, and the case size is the same 44mm beside thickness with UX being couple of mm thiner. Both watches are great for diving, with the UX being better because of the legibility and clarity of the dial. Depth doesn't matter you will probably not dive more than 100feet. As far as the battery goes you have a long way to go about 7 years and it will probably cost you pennies to get the battery changed after 7 years is about $1.6 a month or 0.05 cent a day to maintain your watch i think that is cheap if you keep the watch for that long. People say the Quartz watches don't have a heart, but this one the UX does, it has the oil living inside your watch.
    They are different in so many different way, both do different things, but they have one thing in common, they are both SINN. Enjoy either one they are both great watches, get the one that appeals to you my friend.

  3. #3
    Member tpr261's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    16

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Thanks for the input! Our SWAT Team has a diver position coming open, so the underwater legibility is a concern for me. I am leaning toward the UX more and more, both functionality wise, and from a collectible standpoint. I was just concerned that battery replacement might be in the the $250-$300 range with all the associated tests that I'm sure go along with it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member doctorrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    305

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    I used my U1 for diving today in Gloucester. Visibility about eight inches.

    Very good visibility with the wide hands. And no associated battery replacement costs. I'd go U1.
    Doxa Sub 750T MilShark * Glycine Airman 18 * Sinn U2S EZM5
    Omega Speedmaster Professional * Omega X-33 Gen II * Omega Flightmaster cal. 910 Tropical
    Fortis Cosmonaut Chronograph 602.22.142 * Fortis B-42 Ti Cosmonaut Chronograph 659.27.141



  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    80

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Quote Originally Posted by tpr261 View Post
    Thanks for the input! Our SWAT Team has a diver position coming open, so the underwater legibility is a concern for me. I am leaning toward the UX more and more, both functionality wise, and from a collectible standpoint. I was just concerned that battery replacement might be in the the $250-$300 range with all the associated tests that I'm sure go along with it.
    If you're SWAT get the UX. It's COSC certified Quartz and way more accurate than the U1; +/- 10 seconds a year accurate whereas the U1 will gain or lose several seconds a day. If that isn't enough, quartz can take much more of a beating than an automatic movement.

  7. #6
    Member feudallordcult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses7 View Post
    If you're SWAT get the UX. It's COSC certified Quartz and way more accurate than the U1; +/- 10 seconds a year accurate whereas the U1 will gain or lose several seconds a day. If that isn't enough, quartz can take much more of a beating than an automatic movement.
    totally agree. ux will take a beating better than u1.

  8. #7
    Member tpr261's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    16

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    I think I'm sold on the UX. Thanks for all of the input. I'll be giving Watchbuys a call within the next day or so. I'll post pics when it arrives. Thanks again!!!

  9. #8
    Member energyarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In XXXXXXX_XXXXXXX
    Posts
    905

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Good choice, you will love the UX. If you are in the LE or Diving you should have a Quartz because it's way more accurate, and won't drift as much as the automatic, and accuracy becomes life or death (in the field) as you probably already know. I love Automatic watches and i have a lot of them, but going to risk my life which i do full time i would strap on a Quartz one. In the society that (the watch one) we live on we are made to believe, that the only way is the Automatic way, and is not true, if you get technical the technology involved into building the Quartz movement is crazy, its so more complicated and Superior to Automatic, watches are supposed to be accurate, and automatics are not, they have been a status for a long time and still are but not anymore maybe back then, now we have a superior technology with super accuracy. Just trying to spoil your UX

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    172

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Pardon my ignorant and for my education, what other Chronometer "certified" Quartz watches are out there ?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    80

    Re: U1 or UX GSG9?

    Quote Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
    Pardon my ignorant and for my education, what other Chronometer "certified" Quartz watches are out there ?

    Breitling makes quite a few.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •