U2 Owners..What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement

Poll: U2 owners. What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement?

Thread: U2 Owners..What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement

Moderator Emeritus

U2 Owners..What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement

This is for U2 owners.

What is your accuracy? Please vote in the poll. If you have more than one U2, you can vote as many times as you have U2's.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; July 20th, 2006 at 03:58.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: U2 Owners..What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement

This should give us some indication of how accurate our U2's are so I'll start off.

When I got mine at the end of December, it was accurate initially to +2.5 sec./day

Now, after almost 7 months of ownership and over 2000 hours of wrist time and after being dropped a couple of times (once really hard) and banged many times, it is ranging from +3.5 to +5 sec./day

I had a couple of days where it was around +10 sec./day after some heavy usage and after wearing to bed.

The above accuracies are with me taking it off for the night and wearing it around 14 -20 hours a day.

i haven't filled in the poll yet since i've only had my u2 for only 1 day, but i checked it a moment ago and it is dead-on, no gain or loss in the last 24 hrs.

no problems w/the gmt hand either (currently set to GMT+8), perfectly sync'ed to the local hr hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    This should give us some indication of how accurate our U2's are so I'll start off.

When I got mine at the end of December, it was accurate initially to +2.5 sec./day

Now, after almost 7 months of ownership and over 2000 hours of wrist time and after being dropped a couple of times (once really hard) and banged many times, it is ranging from +3.5 to +5 sec./day

I had a couple of days where it was around +10 sec./day after some heavy usage and after wearing to bed.

The above accuracies are with me taking it off for the night and wearing it around 14 -20 hours a day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have a U2, but my 856 is within +1/2 sec., (one half second) per day.

Close enough for rock and roll, says me.

I have not unscrewed the crown on my U2 in 3-4 weeks and it is 3 seconds fast. Whenever it gets a little fast (and by a little, I mean 2-3 seconds), I take it off and lay it on its 6-12 o'clock side (crown up) overnight or during the day. That usually knocks 2-3 seconds off/ 8 hours on its side, then I'm back on atomic time. That routine works for me.

forpath

Hi,

I'm very happy with the accuracy. Mine lost only 5 seconds from 1st of august to today, aug., 30th. I think, nearly R*l*x -style. This movement is superb and better than my certified 2824.

cheers
    U2inSpe

I last reset mine about the first week of June. As of today it was about 7 seconds ahead of the official US time clock. I find that i can fine tune it-if i lay it flat overnight it will pick up a few seconds, if i leave it sitting upright it will lose a few...I am amazed at its accuracy. Truly the finest mechanical watch I've ever owned.

Mine after sending to Germany for regulation was very accurate

Moderator Emeritus

Funny thing here, my accuracy was averaging about +5 to 6 sec/day. I never let the mainspring run out stopping the watch as when I put the U2 away, it was only for a day.

I put it away for the weekend, last weekend and wore my old Seiko 6105 diver. When I strapped it on again and gave it a good wind, it ran more accurately. It's now back to it's original +3.5sec/day which is pretty ok for my lifestyle.

I've heard it's good to let the mainspring run out every once in a while but it was hard to get it off the wrist for that long.

So...after 20 months and 5500 hours of wear time, still +3.5 sec./day.

all the best,
    Tim

Cool Re: U2 Owners..What is the accuracy of your 2893.2 movement

Quote Originally Posted by Tim got his boots back View Post
    Funny thing here, my accuracy was averaging about +5 to 6 sec/day. I never let the mainspring run out stopping the watch as when I put the U2 away, it was only for a day.

I put it away for the weekend, last weekend and wore my old Seiko 6105 diver. When I strapped it on again and gave it a good wind, it ran more accurately. It's now back to it's original +3.5sec/day which is pretty ok for my lifestyle.
    Tim, I have also seen that happen. Weird, huh?
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

Thread Information