Warranty Question

Thread: Warranty Question

Warranty Question

Friends--

I have recently discovered that I have an issue w/ my EZM-3. It appears that some of the red paint has come off of one (or more??) of the numbers on the date wheel, and a couple of flakes of said paint now reside on the inside of the crystal. The watch is ~ 1 month old, so I would assume this to be a warranty issue.

That said, how would it be best to deal w/ the warranty, and what experiences have folks had in dealing directly w/ Sinn?

Thanks in advance--

kix

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Warranty Question

Hi Kix.

If you bought your watch from an authorized distributor, you should get in touch with them and they should suggest you send it to them and they will send it to Germany for repairs. It will have to go to Frankfurt because of the Ar.

If you bought it second hand, the warranty will most likely be null and void but if you contact Sinn, they will most likely repair it for free. That has been done in the past. You will have to pay for shipping and handling of course.

If you purchased it from a non auth dealer, you might want to contact them with your warranty questions and go from there.

hope this helps.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][I]Hi Kix.

If you bought your watch from an authorized distributor, you should get in touch with them and they should suggest you send it to them and they will send it to Germany for repairs. It will have to go to Frankfurt because of the Ar.

If you bought it second hand, the warranty will most likely be null and void but if you contact Sinn, they will most likely repair it for free. That has been done in the past. You will have to pay for shipping and handling of course.
    Indeed, Sinn is very sanguine about the fact that all watches end up there, no matter through which channels they were bought ... "the watch always comes home to roost" might be a tongue-in-cheek paraphrase re servicing/repairing all Sinn watches. What I find scandalous is some AD's won't honor the warranty when the watch is re-sold to another owner under warranty. What I don't know is how proof of date of purchase is established when a watch is bought through "gray channels" ... though I assume strongly that once established, Sinn just applies the german warranty (two years, and three for Argon filling, IIRC) to all watches. They are pretty lenient about the end of the warranty (except for obvious cases of abuse).
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Gents--

The watch actually came out of Europe from a dealer, although not an AD (I think.) Should I just contact Sinn directly and see what they say?

Thanks again--

kix

Quote Originally Posted by kixtand
    Should I just contact Sinn directly and see what they say?
    Kix, exactly that would be my recommendation.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Thread Information