Watchbuys deleted my account... again.
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Watchbuys deleted my account... again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watchbuys deleted my account... again.

I am planning on buying a Sinn 556, later this year, so I created a Watchbuys account on April 9, 2019 - I entered my name, address, phone number, etc. I received a confirmation email, clicked the link, and logged into my account shortly after. By April 13, I tried loggin in again, and failed; I assumed I mistyped my password (which was unexpected, since I saved it in a password manager), so I clicked 'Forgot Password', and got a message saying they didn't have an account linked to that email address.

Unfazed, I created a new account using the same email address and a different password (and duly updated in my password manager). Again, I get the confirmation email, click through, and log into my account as normal. I log in a few days later just to be sure, and it is successful. Success!

Well, it's been about two weeks, so I decide to log into my account again, and.. no bueno. Once again, when I click on the 'Forgot Password' link, I get a message saying that the email address does not have an account. I have contacted them by email, but I'm irritated enough that I want to hear from others.

Am I supposed to just keep buying watches from them in order for them to keep the account open? Given their Watchbuys Rewards Points program, I really hope they don't delete accounts every week you don't spend $1,000+ on a watch.

Re: Watchbuys deleted my account... again.

That's super weird

First off, it sounds like you haven't bought anything from them. If you have... then everything I've written below is totally non-applicable.

It could be that they delete accounts for non-customers. I run an online store and get spam accounts made on it frequently. I probably have at least 200 fake accounts right now. My store is able to differentiate between people who've bought things and people who haven't, and I regularly cull out the non-customers. A few of those accounts that I delete might be valid, potential customers, but very, very few.

They could be doing the same thing.

I bet that if you bought something, your account wouldn't disappear.
    Radharc and McCarthy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, I have bought three watches from them -- in '06, '12, and '18. My account has been the same throughout and when I bought the 3rd I was able to get some dollars off based on the points earned from the first two. Never any problems with the account I made in '06.

That’s weird, no problems with my account.
    Hopefully you’ll get it sorted out and order a new Sinn ;)

Cheers
    Shannon
    soaking.fused likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

What is the purpose/benefit of setting up an account before you order?

My account I created when I ordered my first U1 in 2010 is still active.
    McCarthy likes this.

I’d drop them an email about it - you never know but their system might just think you’re some sort of bot.
    JacobC and McCarthy like this.

Well, I've calmed down since that initial burst of annoyance. I heard back from Watchbuys, and they apparently have a policy of periodically purging accounts without an order history. Which is fine, except... I have not ever encountered any other e-commerce site with that policy. Literally not a single time before. I created the account so that I wouldn't have to go through the whole rigmarole again once I'm ready to order, but I guess I'll have to do it one more time when I'm ready to order.

Yea a little patience would probably serve you well
    jester0723 likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Quote Originally Posted by IndependentGeorge View Post
    Well, I've calmed down since that initial burst of annoyance. I heard back from Watchbuys, and they apparently have a policy of periodically purging accounts without an order history. Which is fine, except... I have not ever encountered any other e-commerce site with that policy. Literally not a single time before. I created the account so that I wouldn't have to go through the whole rigmarole again once I'm ready to order, but I guess I'll have to do it one more time when I'm ready to order.
    Yup, the number of bots out there setting up accounts on e-commerce sites is hard to believe. If I didn't delete the fake accounts on my site, I would have at least 100x more fake accounts than actual customer accounts... maybe even 1,000x more. Its one of those hassles us smaller sellers have to deal with.
    Radharc likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information