Watchbuys - New Stock
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OedipusFlex

Thread: Watchbuys - New Stock

duc

Watchbuys - New Stock

Because of a mild, ok, regular case of OCD, I couldn't stop checking the Watchbuys site to see if the bracelet (out of stock when I purchased my EZM1.1) was in. I checked multiple times a day even though I signed up for notifications. Well it seems some OCD can pay off. Yesterday they were back in stock and I made the discovery by checking. That's right, no automatic notification.

The lesson is, if you are waiting for notification from Watchbuys, it might be a good idea to check them out periodically in case the auto alert system misses you.

In case someone tries linking this to the other thread about having an account deleted; my account is in tact. They just somehow missed notifying me. All's well though, I have the Tegimented bracelet incoming.

Anyone want to share the best method of installation? I have the typical spring bar tool.

Re: Watchbuys - New Stock

Quote Originally Posted by duc View Post
    Because of a mild, ok, regular case of OCD, I couldn't stop checking the Watchbuys site to see if the bracelet (out of stock when I purchased my EZM1.1) was in. I checked multiple times a day even though I signed up for notifications. Well it seems some OCD can pay off. Yesterday they were back in stock and I made the discovery by checking. That's right, no automatic notification.

The lesson is, if you are waiting for notification from Watchbuys, it might be a good idea to check them out periodically in case the auto alert system misses you.

In case someone tries linking this to the other thread about having an account deleted; my account is in tact. They just somehow missed notifying me. All's well though, I have the Tegimented bracelet incoming.

Anyone want to share the best method of installation? I have the typical spring bar tool.
    That's odd. I got the notification when back in stock yesterday. Mine is already away for service after purchasing in March. Not happy about that, so I can't see myself dropping any more money on the bracelet when I don't have anything to put it on at the moment.

Anyway, I used to switch the bracelet on my U1 SE all the time. Best method is to actually forgo the spring bar tool and use the flat screw driver tip to hold the spring bar back until you have it behind the lip of the lug. It won't seat fully until the other side is also compressed, you'll have to keep pressure on the back of the end link until both sides are situated. Sinn's tolerances are that tight. This would for sure destroy any other watch, but the tegimenting really holds up well and I had no problems being a bit more heavy handed with mine in the past. Any resultant snail trail marks on the surface can simply be wiped away with a damp cloth (or sweaty fingers).

Last note; good luck getting the bracelet off w/o drilled lug holes. Won't say it's impossible, but for sure will be a PITA =)
    Spring-Diver and duc like this.
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

Thread Information