Watchbuys service?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Watchbuys service?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Watchbuys service?

Has anyone noticed that the quality of service from Watchbuys is not as good as it once was? I have an Arktis that needs service. The start-stop pusher fell off yesterday. It is still within its warranty, and I purchased it from Watchbuys. They are telling me to send it directly to Germany. I am pretty sure they used to take care of that themselves. This watch actually had to be repaired once already, and at that time they sent it off.

Are they now a monopoly in the US, and offering lousy service. Hardly much point in buying the watch from them if we have to send it to Germany ourselves for service?

David

Re: Watchbuys service?

Watchbuys service center is RGM in Pa. Their site (Watchbuys) plainly states that all watches that are filled with Argon or oil have to be serviced in Germany. Sinn is working on setting up a facility to handle the Argon watches in the US in the future. You might check with the guys at RGM and see if they have the equipment to service your watch.

Hope this helps

I think his beef is that Watchbuys used to do the shipping to Germany for you if the watch was still under warranty. I've never personally sent one for warranty service, so couldn't say one way or the other.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

It is quite a while they said they were setting up a facility to service Argon filled watches, at least 6 months!
    Cannot be that difficult to ship a glorified box to the USA, connecting a couple of tubes, an electrical lead etc. Or?
    My guess is that info was not correct.
    I will use the manufacturer, just like I do with the rest of my newer watches.

Rob from Watchbuys called me and explained their current situation. They did indeed handle warranty shipping in the past, but Sinn would batch the return shipments and customers complained about delays. There is still no argon machine in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by dleibow View Post
    Rob from Watchbuys called me and explained their current situation. They did indeed handle warranty shipping in the past, but Sinn would batch the return shipments and customers complained about delays. There is still no argon machine in the USA.
    that argon machine was promised two years ago when i bought my U2. still just a pipe dream.

and it sounds like Watchbuys is dropping the ball on the customer service. i would think that they could fight harder for their customers by asking or insisting that Sinn not batch too many shipments at once.

were you charged shipping when Watchbuys sent the watch in the first time?

if not, it seems like they're trying to cut corners by saving money and asking their customers to ship the watch themselves. definitely sounds like a fall-off in their level of customer service. and their willingness to act on the customer's behalf to ship watches to Germany was one of the main points in the Watchbuys Advantage. just hype and little substance it seems.

but that doesn't surprise me too much really as i never really thought that highly of their post-sales support anyway. they're happy to answer questions, etc if you're lookin' to buy but would rather wash their hands of you after the sale is made and yoou have a problem.

seems like people have to really b1tch and moan on the boards before a customer might catch a chance that watchbuys will even deign to take notice.

i really wish Sinn would authorize another distributor for north america. there's really no incentive for Watchbuys to better their cust service.
    Last edited by Denizen; July 30th, 2008 at 06:39.

Quote Originally Posted by dleibow View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the quality of service from Watchbuys is not as good as it once was? I have an Arktis that needs service. The start-stop pusher fell off yesterday. It is still within its warranty, and I purchased it from Watchbuys. They are telling me to send it directly to Germany. I am pretty sure they used to take care of that themselves. This watch actually had to be repaired once already, and at that time they sent it off.

Are they now a monopoly in the US, and offering lousy service. Hardly much point in buying the watch from them if we have to send it to Germany ourselves for service?

David
    David, I regretably have to agree with you. Watchbuys loves to answer questions when "selling" you one of their Sinn watches. Then if there is a problem they are far less helpful. Also, their new policy on taking money up front on pre-orders then offering no return policy is just ridiculous. They held onto my $500 pre-order money for the EZM-1 LE from Feb to July! And when I decided I didn't really want the watch after the long wait and offered them serveral buyers who would step in and complete the transaction they would not let me out of the purchase. Nor would they let me apply the $500 towards another Sinn watch purchase and then simply selll the highly sought after EZM-1 LE to another customer.

Watchbuys has a new Sinn watch sales monopoly and they act like it. That is why I purchased most if not all of my Sinn on the after market these days.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

There is a Canadian Sinn AD in Toronto but I am not sure if their services are better or worst than Watchbuys.

The only experience I have with the Canadian AD was getting a quote from them, their prices seem 5-10% higher than Watchbuys perhaps because they have a brick and mortar store downtown.
    Last edited by lowbee; July 30th, 2008 at 17:40.

Oh, lets not forget that all the Sinn watches are going up in price really soon. I agreee on the warranty issue. If the watch is still within the warranty period, then Watchbuys should step up to the plate and pay to have it shipped to Germany. Watchbuy's statement informing the customer about service in Germany on certain watches is to let the customer know there will be a delay in service, as the watch has to be serviced out of country. If this is going to be the norm for trying to save a dollar at the customer's expense, then the U2 S is my last purchase.

You guys are making it hard to decide on buying a Sinn. I've been looking at the 356 SA on strap for the last couple of weeks. I'd like to buy before any price increase. Is the problem on just the gas filled items or is the service from from Watchbuy/RGM bad on all items?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information