WatchBuys - Some Things I Was Not Aware Of...
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: WatchBuys - Some Things I Was Not Aware Of...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb WatchBuys - Some Things I Was Not Aware Of...

There are a few things regarding the firm WatchBuys that I was not aware of.

First off, SINN watch availability. WatchBuys pretty much lists in an online fashion all of the SINN (and other brands)
    that they currently have in stock or on order from SINN. On Order, by this implies that the watch is coming in from SINN
    in a shipment.

What I pretty much did NOT know is the following... If you look at the SINN 2019/2020 online catalog, pretty much all
    watches and variants can be ordered thru WatchBuys and SINN will either make or ship out the watch to WatchBuys.
    If available, most everything is order able. With the exception of those watches and variants which are "retired" and these
    are listed by WatchBuys in the "SINN RETIREMENTS" area of their website.

This is pretty important to know, especially if you are a US Based SINN prospective purchaser of a new watch.

So in other words, you are not totally restricted to those SINN's which WatchBuys lists online as IN STOCK.

I just found this out today as I was interested in a SINN 917 GR (which WatchBuys did not list on their website).

If you knew this already, sorry for being pedantic.
    Last edited by Flighty7T34; February 7th, 2020 at 20:05.

Re: WatchBuys - Some Things I Was Not Aware Of...

Quote Originally Posted by Flighty7T34 View Post
    There are a few things regarding the firm WatchBuys that I was not aware of.

First off, SINN watch availability. WatchBuys pretty much lists in an online fashion all of the SINN (and other brands)
    that they currently have in stock or on order from SINN. On Order, by this implies that the watch is coming in from SINN
    in a shipment.

What I pretty much did NOT know is the following... If you look at the SINN 2019/2020 online catalog, pretty much all
    watches and variants can be ordered thru WatchBuys and SINN will either make or ship out the watch to WatchBuys.
    If available, most everything is order able. With the exception of those watches and variants which are "retired" and these
    are listed by WatchBuys in the "SINN RETIREMENTS" area of their website.

This is pretty important to know, especially if you are a US Based SINN prospective purchaser of a new watch.

So in other words, you are not totally restricted to those SINN's which WatchBuys lists online as IN STOCK.

I just found this out today as I was interested in a SINN 917 GR (which WatchBuys did not list on their website).

If you knew this already, sorry for being pedantic.
    I will add that Sinn's warranty is not honored in the US if you buy from a distributor overseas as I found out the hard way.

This I did not know, thanks for making me aware.
    JacobC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    I will add that Sinn's warranty is not honored in the US if you buy from a distributor overseas as I found out the hard way.
    This is true, if you’re buying a used Sinn in the USA make sure it was originally purchased from WatchBuys. Very important... get a copy of all owners who have previously owed the watch. Also get a copy of the original sales receipt. This will help with getting any warranty service work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JacobC and mercurynfo like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Also... Watchbuys and Sinn will not sell you a mother of Pearl because of us laws...annoying.

martin_blank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FirNaTine23 View Post
    Also... Watchbuys and Sinn will not sell you a mother of Pearl because of us laws...annoying.

In fairness, that’s a government problem, not a WatchBuys problem.
    Spring-Diver, JacobC and jack3174 like this.

This is helpful info. I wasn't aware of this either.

Yesterday I learned one other thing, this especially has to deal with WatchBuys and their Watchpoint Reward system.
    Now as you may or may not be aware, WatchBuys will award you "Watchpoints" for each purchase you make.
    However, IF you use their Watchpoints towards an order's purchase price, then you DO NOT get any awarded Watchpoints for that order.

Yesterday I ordered a Sinn strap and used my Watchpoints towards that purchase. However, if I used those same points on a watch, then
    I would not get any Watchpoints from the order. Something to be aware of.

However, the sales person kindly explained this all to me and suggested how best to utilize the Watchpoints.
    The Watchpoints I had amassed came in quite handy I might add.
    JacobC likes this.

Excellent point, pardon the pun. My next purchase will be a watch and extra strap, so it will make sense to use my points toward the strap only, even if it's two transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by zenfrogmaster View Post
    Excellent point, pardon the pun. My next purchase will be a watch and extra strap, so it will make sense to use my points toward the strap only, even if it's two transactions.
    That’s exactly how you should do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information